Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Giving money to child beggars

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I ran into a little shithead at Burger King in Cebu a couple nights ago that was begging for money. I told him he could order anything he wanted from the menu but he wasn't interested in that. A bit later he was knocking on the window next to my table asking for money, I again pointed to the menu. He walked away for a bit, came back with a handful of rocks, knocked on the window with the rocks and made a motion that indicated the rocks were intended to be thrown at my head. The guard eventually came and ran him off.

I absolutely refuse to give money to ANY beggar. I'll buy anything (within reason and nothing that can be pawned) for them, but absolutely no cash will be given. The vast majority of the beggars I have ran across are complete sh*t human beings that will use the money for things that will not help them in any way. (That's why they are begging in the first place.) I feel bad for the children but they are going to learn from their parents and grow up to be a waste of oxygen.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. furriner

furriner DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +348 / 70
    Not to disagree but maybe consider taking the fruit. The reason they go through the trouble of giving something for the money is that they do not want to be consider education beggars. They are in sales. But not taking the fruit makes it seem kind of like begging BUT I may be very wrong so I just say it as something to consider. Maybe I don’t need what they sell either and they just want to sell it so I buy it, and usually eat it, ultimately, I guess. :blahblah&.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  3. furriner

furriner DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +348 / 70
    WTF is wrong with that poster? Those little ones are earning a living for their families! My gosh, they are selling things we can use like mangos, bananas and peanuts. They take the money they EARN and buy rice with it fir their families. They get the products from legal sources and sell at a profit. This is what we call HONEST WORK. There are other kids that hang around places line McDonalds near Robinson’s and they actually beg but even there I have seen some selling things. I usually give the one’s that beg 10 pesos and I know some of them have handlers who take most of the money. I don’t like that but if they have handlers I don’t see them. Those kids are the beggars. The one’s selling mangos and fruit are not and I buy from them when I have small money with me.I’m thankful to God that my kids never had to do those things and not be able to go to school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 6
  4. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    This was posted on the DumagueteInfo FB feed. Do you agree?
    upload_2019-5-18_10-22-5.png

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    There is a big difference between pro beggers like the ones on the boulavard and these kids. These kids work hard for every peso and go to school.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I've had one squirt breast milk at me. Boy was she surprised when she found out about one of my kinks.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Catabisis

Catabisis DI Member Infamous

Ratings:
    +45 / 9
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I give to the very old, disabled, and little kids because all little kids are cool. Able bodied get nothing. I always give P10 and sometimes a donut too for those who watch my motorcycle.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. fahr_side

fahr_side DI Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 23
    Mine also likes to blame all bad things on outsiders and insist locals are good. A bit like Switzerland where the people in the next valley are all bad :wink:

• Like Like x 2
  9. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I think there is quite a difference of the ones outright begging compared to the ones trying to sell a little something. Spending a few pesos for something you may not actually need is not a bad thing in my opinion.

Normally when I'm out and about with the wife she seems to have a bit of knowledge on who is a pest and who she will give some coins too, never asked her how she figures that out.

Shawn

• Like Like x 2