Dumaguete Info Search

Emergency Best Posts in Thread: American arrested today for selling illegal drugs

1. tis me

tis me DI Member

Ratings:
    +196 / 45
    I myself have been around this country for a looong time and if I ever got in trouble and was given a second chance I would take it and run and while running I would be counting my lucky stars.

• Agree Agree x 9
  2. AndyG

AndyG DI Member Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor

Web developer
    Ratings:
    +124 / 1
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Taking the moral high ground and exercising your rights might sound like a good idea.
    It's not, there's nothing to gain and everything to lose - for you and those around you.
    If by some miracle you survived the process and reached the decisions you were hoping for, it wouldn't convince everyone you were innocent all along. it wouldn't restore you to a state you were before and it wouldn't be the end of it.
    Presuming some wayward victory tips the scales less than literally "everything else", take everyone's advice: Drop it and politely bow out while you still can.

• Agree Agree x 9
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  3. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    No one implied that he did not smoke up all of his profits as is usually the case in "middle level dealers" they just can afford to have a stash bigger than most street addicts. This drug creates misery and suffering to people who have barely a chance to live a life of any substance much less a productive one, not to mention the wives and children who have to "go along for the ride". All of this from a man who had a better chance in life by being born in a "first world country" but choose to come here and add to the suffering. No.... no sympathy here...

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Feel free to start another thread about it if you like but remember that the guy was just arrested, not convicted (yet). You should offer him the same courtesy you expect others to give your friend. And let's leave the derogatory use of "homosexual" out of the thread. (I read it as derogatory given your, understandable, disdain for the man but I could be wrong. If that wasn't your intentions disregard.)

Back on topic: Were there any updates on the drug related case this thread is about? Is Jim still sitting in jail/prison?

Let the courts do their thing. EJKs are a scourge in this country that shouldn't be promoted.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Sounds to me that you are in for a miserable life. If I were you I would take another serious look at what I am doing. "Going after the Äuthorities" in the Philippines is not to be recommended amigo, Bad idea!

• Agree Agree x 8
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It is not unheard of for evidence to be planted by police. There are videos of police in the US doing this available online. The police have access to much more 8 grams. 8 grams of meth takes up about 8 tablespoons. The police in the Philippines have been caught running scam buy-bust operations. They have framed people in the past.

Is this guy guilty? Possibly. Does he deserve his day in court and should he be presumed innocent until proven guilty? Absolutely. That is the standard where I come from and the way it works on the Philippines as well. I really hope you never find yourself in police custody under false accusations (for any charge) and have to deal with people going online screaming you are guilty due to the simple fact you are in police custody.

Read the anti-violence against women and children law and imagine a scornful significant other who wasn't actually abused in any illegal way but decided to file a bogus charge with the police to get even...then your name gets thrown on a forum somewhere and everyone is labeling you a woman abuser even though you did nothing wrong. Wouldn't be nice, would it?

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Glendazumba

Glendazumba DI Forum Adept

teaching
    Ratings:
    +729 / 36
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    You will find this news story in Headz Up Neg Or, the FB page of Negros Oriental and the date of the story says June 15, that means today. The news states that a 50-year-old American guy was arrested for violation of a law against drugs.

I find this sad since this fellow is not from this country and getting into such a situation should be the last thing he should have done. I am just sharing this because some of you might know him, his name is in the news story.
    AMERICAN NATIONAL ARRESTED AGAIN FOR SELLING ILLEGAL DRUGS

What: Arrested Foreign National for Violation of RA 9165 (Illegal Drugs)

When: OOA 8:00PM of June 15, 2019

Where: Room 01, Lodging/Boarding House, Canlas Subd, Brgy Taclobo, Dgte City.

Who:

Suspect:JAMES THOMAS HOBERT, American Citizen, Single, Male, 50yo of Western Florida, U.S.A. - Newly Identified SLT

Joint elements of CDEU-DCPS, PDEU, PIB/SOG conducted anti-illegal drug opon thru buy bust

Why/How: Joint elements of CDEU-DCPS, PDEU, PIB/SOG conducted a joint anti-illegal drug operation thru buy bust w/ PDEA Coordination # 20002-062019-0373 recieved by PDEA which resulted to the successful arrest of the abovenamed suspect.

Evidence recovered/confiscated were as follows:

1 pc elongated transparent heat sealed plastic sachet containing suspected shabu powder/granules for buy bust and 1 pc 500 peso bill as buy bust money;
    1 pc elongated transparent heatsealed plastic sachet containing suspected shabu powder/granules;
    2 pcs medium transparent heatsealed plastic sachet containing suspected shabu powder/granules.
    1pc big transparent heatsealed plastic sachet containing suspected shabu powder/granules;
    Cash proceeds P230.00.

The total confiscated suspected shabu granules estimated weight is 8 grams with DDB of 54,400 pesos. All the pieces of evidence were taken from the suspect's direct possession and control.

Dispo.Suspect is temporary placed under custody of Dumaguete CPS while appropriate charges is being prepared to be filed in court.

He was arrested of the same violation on april 2018 in mangnao.

(PHOTOS COURTESY OF ROY ORTEGA)

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  8. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The possibility that Motormuth have written the post down on a paper and given it to a visitor to post it online don't exists in your universe? He want to share his experience with the public and fight for his rights. No one is guilty before the are convicted in court and we all know or should know that even you are innocent you can be judged on false acussicusions or because "someone" don't want to lose face or other circumstances, don't forget what country you are in

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Yes, you are.

You would be absolutely astonished at what goes on and what is allowed in Filipino prisons. In the Philippines there are the rules and there are the enforcement of the rules...do you really think the prisons are any different? Look at what the authorities find during any raid of a prison. Try finding any article on the subject where the raid turned out to be a dud. That will give you an idea of what is possible in a Filipino prison.

However, one would have to be pretty thick to identify themselves on an open forum/social media while incarcerated, basically an admission to breaking existing prison contraband rules.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I don't know if Motormouth is guilty or not but I will not be surprised if his exposed to false accusations. I admire his courage to stand up for his rights, wise or not, time will show. What surprise me most is the compassion and support he get from his fellow country men, WTF? I don't think any of us know the truth but some members here at least indirect assuming his guilty, don't hope any of you will happen in a similar situation, it can happen to all of us, take care

• Agree Agree x 5