Dumaguete Info Search

Food & Grocery Best Posts in Thread: parking

1. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    The magic word for parking a motorcycle in a place destined for cars: lack of discipline.............So typical PH behavior.

• Agree Agree x 7
  2. Sedona

Sedona DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +673 / 102
    If only it were the case that all of us were suited to driving motorcycles ... unfortunately not an option for many, so your statement is not a counter argument that reflects reality. I am glad to see all of those motorcycles, if even a fourth of them were cars the situation would be impossible. But the motorcycle drivers need to recognize that they have lots of parking options available and so please don't take away the extremely limited options the cars have. Just today I saw a motorcycle parked sideways in a car parking area taking up two car parking places when there was a motorcycle parking area available.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Sedona

Sedona DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +673 / 102
    It's not the motorcycles that are the problem, it's some of the people who drive them. At many places they have a large motorcycle parking area and then limited maybe two or three spaces for cars ... for example at Polaris. I don't know how many times I've wanted to park my car only to find a motorcycle parked right in the center of one of the car parking spaces when there was plenty of space available in the designated motorcycle parking area.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Obliged Friend

Obliged Friend DI Forum Adept Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Would not park my personal vehicle within a multi story parking garage designed and built by the same contractor that built the current mall.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Just to prove the point that motorcycle drivers are not always getting away with parking wherever they want - I got a little yellow ticket this morning informing me that the sidewalk parking fee is due for payment at City Hall :/

• Like Like x 3
  6. Glendazumba

Glendazumba DI Forum Adept

teaching
    Ratings:
    +729 / 36
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Parking is one big problem in Dumaguete now. The proliferation of motorcycles and pedicabs have worsened the situation. Sometimes, they give more priority to motorcycles, I do not know why and you see these motorcycles parking right on the sides of the streets.The city government needs to do something about this parking problem.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Pompolino

Pompolino DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +404 / 53
    Happens once a year that the Hypermart car park get Basketball/Volleyball lines drawn on it as Lee Plaza has competitions for the staff that want to participate - only after store hours of course.

• Informative Informative x 3
  8. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,101 / 333
    We have been away for around 9 months and just came back last week, surprised to see what's happening at Robinsons, looks like half the parking spaces are gone due to the ongoing building work, I heard / hope they are building a multi story carpark, hope they build it first.
    We gave up trying to find a space there and went to Hypermarket where it looks like they are turning their car park into a basketball court. :confused:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. hawk263

hawk263 DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Army

Retired
    Ratings:
    +488 / 81
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I suspect that the Pajero got there first.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,101 / 333
    This looks like considerate car parking, instead of taking up the three allocated spaces they have left half a space, (room for at least 2 motorbikes lol)

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2