How to Best Posts in Thread: Moving to Dumaguete and buying or renting a house

1. Glendazumba

Glendazumba DI Forum Adept

teaching
    Ratings:
    +729 / 36
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    From the point of view of a Filipina, I advise that you rent first and decide later when you want to buy your own house. Never buy on impulse as you might not like the place and regret later. Rent can be as high as Php 15,000.00 a month but there are houses that are rented out for less than that. You can search for this in BID FOR ME on FACEBOOK-----there's plenty of houses for rent there-----choose the ones with good location.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Remember, the filipina doesn't buy foreigner's houses. Foreigners do with filipina backing (vis signing as the owner). And stop comparing to the US, You're looking to live in a foreign country. Accept things as they are. You will drive yourself crazing if you keep comparing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    For people that are coming to the Philippines to live the first time, I strongly urge they rent for the first year before buying. This is a nice country, but it does take some adjusting to. Things don't go as quickly as we want, services are not what you are accustomed to. Many simply get frustrated with the Philippine way of doing things and look to go back or elsewhere. It is nice, but it isn't for everyone. I do hope you enjoy your stay. Rents vary depending on your needs and wants.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    When you want to buy a property with house, do estimate an additional 10% of the property price for taxes, fees and transfer of title if the seller does not pay anything of these.

• Agree Agree x 2