Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Mgt Crisis Stalls Ceres Operations

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Those aren't direct competitors. Wildly different forms of transportation IMO. Ceres is really the only option for longer haul rides. Yes, some of the other options make those longer journeys but the vehicles are in a different class. Ceres drivers may seem reckless but they drive like a granny compared to the nuts behind the wheels of those Express vans. Gotta be pretty brave (or desperate) to hop in one of those Express vans.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    Agree, that's why I am happy having my own four wheels, no management crisis involved!

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    This is hilarious. I couldn't imagine EVER getting in a fight for my employer...and I have a really good one. Treat me like a Filipino worker is treated and pay me as little as that and you better make sure you, the owner, has some d*mn good security at your house.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    This is more than an internal battle. It is far worse in Bacolod. The workers are taking sides and fighting each other too. I have seen the pictures of molotov cocktails that were to be used and pictures of workers slashing the tires in the compound. Last week, Ceres Southbound terminal closed down operations for a day, that affected hundreds of citizens. This can get worse before it gets better. Then again, the V Hires and Colorum buses are having a good time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. wolvhund

wolvhund DI Member

Ratings:
    +121 / 36
    What a soap opera.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. kowpot

kowpot DI Junior Member Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +41 / 2
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Might want to wait until things cool down before riding on one. There may be some "face-saving" going on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    In reality, all Ceres really is, is a big yellow jeepney, with some being air-conditioned. As soon as someone says stop or waves, over they pull, traffic or not.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Obliged Friend

Obliged Friend DI Forum Adept Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Ceres reported a staggering 77.8 million dollar (4 billion pesos) net income in 2018.

That’s their justification to toss...Leo Rey?

• Agree Agree x 2