Dumaguete Info Search

Valencia Best Posts in Thread: Drive to Valencia

1. Smally

Smally DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +142 / 25
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    In my wallet which was inside the house.
    Can’t tell you where about in the house incase my wife is reading this !!

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Genius Genius x 1
  2. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Welcome to the Wild West lol.... they had a short blitz on helmets last year but since then many motorcyclists have gone back to not wearing them again. Never mind that it could save their life.

I did the Casaroro Falls stairs and like you have found my calf muscles were in agony the following day(s):arghh:

My first wife was an Aberdonian and I lived there for several years. My son was born in Aberdeen. We moved to live in Australia .Brisbane.. In 1984. Then to the Phils 15 years ok. Been in Duma for just under 2 years.

Hope you and your lady enjoy living here.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  3. wolvhund

wolvhund DI Member

Ratings:
    +121 / 36
    The police checkpoint was probably an effort to curb the actions of the notorious Ladyboy Motorcycle Club that resides in Valencia.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Smally

Smally DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +142 / 25
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    The wife and i decided to go for a drive to Valencia last Monday. It is a lovely place.
    We had lunch at the Spice cafe in south Poblacion and i would highly recommend the food.
    After lunch we headed for Casaroro Falls. My motorcycle is only 110cc and it struggled up the hill towards the falls. Eventually we made it to the top of the hill in 1st gear.
    After decending multiple staircases we made it to the bottom expecting to see the falls but we still had a bit of walking and river crossings to do before we arrived at the falls.
    The falls are amazing to see but the hike to get back up the staircases to the carpark is a real cardio work out. My calf and thigh muscles are still aching.
    The drive down the road from the falls was a lot easier for my motorcycle but as we come to the end of the road at the forest camp there was a police checkpoint. They directed me to stop and asked me for my license which i did not have on me as it was back in our apartment. They were very friendly to both my wife and i and they told me that i should carry my license with me at all times. After taking my photo with my helmet on they waved us through.
    What did amaze me was that the other motorcycles going through the checkpoint were being driven by locals without helmets and they all got waved through.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2019