Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Chiropractor

1. Dutchjob

Dutchjob DI Member

Fulltime Gago, part time manager
    Ratings:
    +227 / 39
    Go see Mike Berovic in Sibulan. You are actually very lucky to be here with his services so close by. Berovic Chiropractic Clinic

He fixed my back and neck problem i had for over 30 years. If he needs X-ray he will send you to Silliman, if he needs you to see a dr he will send you to Silliman or better. But if he can help you he will, and he probably will help you I am sure.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
  2. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

inversion table, start at about 30 degrees trendelberg (prone with head down) and increase as tolerated. don't laugh!

i had an industrial accident. went to er, physiatrist, physical therapy, chiropractic and osteopath. nothing worked

the man that fixed me ran an auto parts store , noticed me limping, and shared his success with me. i have shared it with others but usually to scoffing and laughter. i had recurrance due to reinjury over about ten or fifteen years but the traction always fixed it. its been maybe thirty years now since a recurrence.

happy to share details if you are seriously interested

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. DI Admin

DI Admin DI Junior Member Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor

Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I had a bad back for many years - dislocated ribs, twisted posture, pinched nerves and generally in a right mess. I went to Silliman, saw a surgeon and they wanted to operate. I couldn't afford the 280k so I got a second opinion at Holy Child (235k). I couldn't afford that either so I thought I'd try a chiropractor (Dr Mike Berovic) which is not a medical doctor however it's not quackery either and requires annual exams and training in the US to maintain the license. After about 10k of sessions my back was significantly better and in less than 6 months it felt like new, that was a couple of years ago. It wasn't painful either which was a misconception of mine. For under 10% of the cost of surgery I had my serious and chronic problem fixed so I am an advocate of Chiropractic treatments and I always will be.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ok, so what i have used for the lower back is a hip traction belt which fastens tightly around the pelvis and has straps running down to about the ankle with d rings for attaching to weights. however in my case i use an 2 by 12 plank about eight feet long with a hook on one end to attach the straps to. i then lay prone (on my front) with the plank on about a 25 degree slope (leaning against a sofa or heavy chair). you stand astraddle of the plank, attach the d rings, then lay down while using your grip on the sides of the plank to keep from sliding. once you are in place you let yourself slide down very slowly until the straps become taut and your upper body begins to serve as traction weight for your lower back. in my case sometimes the pain was pretty significant at the beginning.

each treatment takes about twenty to thirty minutes in part because it takes time to make yourself relax the muscles in your back. at the onsetof treatment they stay in tension. as you relax your back then you can increase the traction by gripping the sides of the plank and pulling even more traction on your back.

keep in mind please this is just what has worked for me and some others i know.

i suggest an inversion table because it is designed for you to lay on it flat with your feet in boots at one end, tightly fastened. the table is designed to tilt either way so you can use it to tilt your head down the twenty degrees or what ever amount of trendelenberg you want to use. on you tube you will see completely upside down while on the table. i have never used the inversion table but it looks much easier to use than plank and belt and the table is advertised for the same lower back issues.

keep in mind, this is what worked for me. i am not a doctor. i am not prescribing anything for you, just relating my experience. not sure if you can find an inversion table locally but you could probably make one or revert to my plank and belt.

you have to be in the set up long enough to make your back relax as that is when the traction force can actually work to reverse the compression force that is the norm for your lower back

i am sure there are possible negative outcomes so consider that. i would imagine if you ask a physical therapist they will tell you not to do it. but google "inversion table, or youtube it, and you will get the idea.

to complicate this a bit, i had a similar issue with my neck stemming from bad judgement playing touch football while drinking. a cervical traction at home using the full water bag weight also fixed that problem after multiple treatments.

in both cases i use more weight than would normally be recommended i think. my theory is that sufficient traction allows the vertebra to be in tension and allows them to move back into a proper alignment. my believe is they are slightly misaligned due to injury, but they are happy to go back home and the traction makes it possible.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Genius Genius x 1