Dumaguete Info Search

Passport Question Best Posts in Thread: Passport and immigration stamps

1. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Left Manila for Singapore today. Took the old passport (with the original visa stamp in it 13A) and the new passport. Presented both to Immigration, processed with no questions or instructions to get the stamps transferred in the future.

That's pretty definitive to me.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Happy Camper

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Went to BI here in Dumaguete today. Showed my old passport with the original 13A and new passport. Asked about this alleged new procedure. The worker went to the Immigration Officer with my documents. She called me over and I explained this post. She reviewed both of my passports and told me I was fine for my trip next month, just carry the old passport with the original 13A and my new passport. She said there is no new procedure. Same as when I left in 2015 with new passport. The Immigration Officer at NAIA asked to see my old passport and all was good.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Happy Camper

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Ok, as far as the stamp issue is concerned. I went to the local BI here in Dumaguete and posted what I learned. There still seemed to be some speculation. Understandable.

I sent a message on Facebook to the BI in Manila.

Surprise. I got a reply. They said just present the old passport with the stamp and there would be no problem on departure.

I imagine if you are in Manila or maybe Cebu and can get the transfer stamp done, then get it. But it appears from my inquiries it is not an absolute requirement.

Hope this helps.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Happy Camper

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    If it was obvious why did you feel the need to reply? You really get sanctimonious at times.
    You had a post not to long ago about what happens during Martial Law and how you could leave and go to an area with very few or no expats. You said you have the means. Why wait? Do you feel that you are that important to the expat community here, that we need you?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  5. hansie

hansie DI Member Restricted Account Infamous

Ratings:
    +97 / 71
    After receiving my new passport 1,5 years ago, had all necessary BI stamps re-stamped from my old to my new passport without any problems at BI Intramuros. It was a requirement then already. You're not supposed to carry a valid and expired passport around just to show stamps. Don't remember what the cost was.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1