Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: BAYAWAN - THE FUTURE IS HAPPENING TODAY

1. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    A mall for Bayawan or any other small town or place is a good thing. To me, the best thing is that it will provide employment opportunities. People will not have to travel to other cities looking for work or make a long commute.

People all look for different things in places they chose to live in. Some want quick access to hospitals and medical care in an emergency, some look for peace and quiet, some look for variety of things to do and some just look for anything that is convenient.

If you are lucky and have found what you want and can say almost everyday that you are happy and content, then you should be thankful.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Another new place in bayawan is Wash n Brew,its a laundry and coffee shop. Situated on the bayawan side of the junction up to mabinay in a new building.
    Very good coffee,cakes,toasted sarnies and pasta. Run by a young local guy.
    received_1426787920808786.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I think the mall was built for the people of bayawan and look at the jobs it will create there!
    Eventually foreigners will start to get fed up of dumaguete and the traffic and pollution and look at other areas. Bayawan has some good projects going on and still has the best boulavard around here even though it could do with a few more restos.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I asked a few weeks ago if they were going to fix the place up and told them that it was now dirty and the bathrooms were crap.
    As of now they are working on the 4th floor with renovations.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    Between Dumaguete City and Bayawan lie many other places where people can live near "crystal clear waters" (maybe a bit of poop here and there, but nothing's perfect!), "unspoiled beaches" (apart from a bit of trash here and there), "lush hillsides" (it rains not only in Bayawan) and lower traffic density. Also places north of DC. Agree that people might at times need to venture into DC for stores, restaurants, dental and medical - but I suspect that is the same for residents of Bayawan. One mall will not make that great a difference.

Sometimes when people keep pushing their place it seems they are either a very nice person, extremely interested in the well-being of their fellow mankind ( :smile: ) or they have an ulterior motive.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  6. osodelnorte

osodelnorte DI Forum Adept Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 86
    A much needed enterprise. Best wishes Wash n Brew.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Glendazumba

Glendazumba DI Forum Adept

teaching
    Ratings:
    +729 / 36
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Two people got shot in Bayawan yesterday. Police authorities are still looking for leads to determine the identities of the assailants. Just a couple of weeks ago, a similar shooting incidents happened to two people. Bayawan is like any other city in the Philippines-----killings happen.

• Informative Informative x 3
  8. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    If you want a more quiet life in a not so crowded city then Bayawan is for you.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    I'll find it great that some lesser developed places like Bayawan are getting some nice upgrades. Because of this mall, people in the area has no longer to go and jam Dumaguete for shopping. The mall will serve an area with around 200k people which is good for one mall.

Edit: in Switzerland we have about one smaller shopping mall for 10k people. The area where I live has around 40k people and we have 5 smaller shopping malls.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  10. osodelnorte

osodelnorte DI Forum Adept Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 86
    Why would you think that they would build a mall in Bayawan for people living in Dumaguete. As to being too far you are talking to people who traveled thousands of miles to get here. Do you think "they" would think 100 kms is too far? You really need to get out more. See something new.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1