Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Trees

1. tuba-coma

tuba-coma DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

sales
    Ratings:
    +678 / 160
    talisay.jpg I recommend you to look out for a Talisay tree, they grow relatively fast, they are undemanding (they grow up everywhere, even at the beach, and don't need much water), and they spend great shadow later on. you can also trim the branches in any form or direction you like. doesn't have any fruits except a kind of nuts, our dogs like them to chew on them. if you find a big Talisay tree just search under it, there are many sprouts to take out. Never pay anything for a young tree, they are available everywhere for free, maybe just ask the property owner before you take out some. you don't want to get shot for a tree. if you don't find any just txt me, we have a lot around here.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Cutting trees is not the problem. The problem is not having the foresight to plant new trees. Cutting the trees and making things from the lumber is a form of carbon capture where carbon is removed from the environment and sequestered long term.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Glendazumba

Glendazumba DI Forum Adept

teaching
    Ratings:
    +729 / 36
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Trees. We do need trees to combat the effects of global warming. I wonder why some people are cutting them when they are a big help to us.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1