Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: American found dead in Magnao.

1. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Compare a sack of meat with a dead person, sorry I can't follow you. My problem with show pictures of dead people in the media who are victims of a traffic accident, or get killed in another way, with a knife or gun, for example, is the lack of respect for the victims family, it can be somebody's parents, kids, brother, sister, husband or wife

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    What's your obsession with a decomposing meat sack? It certainly doesn't care anyone is taking a picture of it.

Obviously there are different cultural expectations on how the deceased are handled and respected. Differences in cultures aren't flaws. Expecting others to bow to and live up to your cultural expectations while you live in their country on the other hand....I know where I would tell you to shove that attitude.

Rye83
    This message by Rye83 has been hidden. This message may be off-topic or have violated forum rules. (Show message)
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Abhorrent! Abhorrent! x 1
  3. Glendazumba

Glendazumba DI Forum Adept

teaching
    Ratings:
    +729 / 36
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Sad. A lot of details are missing in the news story which said that he was married but the name of the wife wasn't mentioned. According to the story Smith must have died from an ailment. Still for me, an autopsy is necessary. Where was the wife when this happened? Who found him dead in his apartment? So many loose threads in this story.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    I do not understand what this :poop: is all about. Come on now; Death is just as much a part of life as being born. Dead is dead regardless of what species. Case in point, my younger brother died 30 day before his body was discovered and 2 years before anyone in my family found out. My sister found out because of ancestry dot com. He was so far along in decomposition a photo would not have done much good. I have a combat photo taken during the Viet Nam war that would get me band from this form for life if I were to post it.
    So what is this post all about? A PHOTO or a dead American?
    For me I feel insulted when some :mooning: decides that I can not handle a photo of a dead man or anything else for that matter. This old earth will continue to spin whether there are any living thing on it or not.
    My two centavos.:headphone:

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1,261
    Some funerals can be a little strange. At the end of one service they took pictures. Immediate family, extend family, business associates and friends.
    My wife has strict instructions the there must be lots of cold beer and potato chips at my wake.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Stefan_Negros

Stefan_Negros DI Member

Ratings:
    +428 / 12
    It is about voyeurism and lack of respect, which becomes unfortunately more and more a constant part of life in these days.

From my point of view it has nothing to do with different cultures or backgrounds. It's just due to the fact that everybody ens a smartphone and wants to gain clicks on Facebook or elsewhere.

Of course dead is a part of life. That doesn't include that standards and moral levels seems to disappear.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Catabisis

Catabisis DI Member Infamous

Ratings:
    +45 / 9
    Blood Type:
    A+
    It is disgusting how Filipinos post pics of the dead. It must be an Asian flaw. I saw a video of a crash in Russia. They blurred the dead.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    I went to one in Kabankalan, to say the least the wife was very distraught, I thot she was going to jump in the hole,, Also all the relatives screaming and yelling, I guess they had just buried the money tree..

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. redhorse

redhorse DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +269 / 62
    Part of the cultural difference may just be the fact that there's a lot more familiarity with and acceptance of death here. It's just the nature of life in the Philippines, more unpredictable and dangerous than in many Western countries. And I'm not talking about crime as much as things like accidents, disease, etc.
    For example, I witnessed little kids playing near their lola's casket at her wake, which was held in her living room. And she was there for a week! Didn't bother them a bit, they have seen it before. But in the US my grandkids would be freaking out!

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Funny point of view, it's not if I or other members here can handle to see a dead body but about close relatives to the victims shown in public media. You can always find something worse, than what you have seen, to compare with, that will no justify anything. I for my part do not carry rose colored glasses and will have the right to express what I like or dislike as long as it's not about politics in the Philippines

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1