Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Dumaguete Diversion Road

1. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    I also heard, from a reputable source, that work is suspended, needing a piece of land that the owner is reluctant to sell. My informant, a Sibulan resident with an office in The City, sounded frustrated. I sympathize, by my response included, "They should pay an appropriate amount for the property.|

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    Anyone know when the Diversion Road (or new sections of) will be completed? It's currently the 'road to nowhere' and finding updated info is difficult, which is strange for such a major infrastructure project for the City.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    Thanks for the responses and all much as I'd suspected. It is quite incredible and frustrating that a Pmulti-million project has not been planned properly. Don't suppose anyone's head will role as that does not seem to be the result of incompetence here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. AussieBob

AussieBob DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 2
    Blood Type:
    O-
    The Government should try some of that emminent domain like they do in that other country..

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    I'm having flashbacks to a certain piece of land that was at the end of a local runway that couldn't be bought so that a certain tree could be cut that was causing an issue for planes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1