You can try to play that game if you want but you know the rules are going to apply to you as well.
I never understood why some have such sour grapes about that senior citizen discount. If you can't afford to support yourself the same as a local can then you have no business living overseas. The senior citizen discount is there to help seniors in a less than optimal financial situation (and have likely been in that situation their entire life). You, as a guest in the country, that came on your own freewill should not be in such a situation and resort to what is essentially being a foreign beggar with a massive sense of entitlement simply because you have managed not to die for 65+ years (it is really not an accomplishment). Most of these small business owners are barely scraping by themselves. I would personally be embarrassed to ask someone much less fortunate than me for a discount like some kuripot trash foreigner that just stepped out of the trailer park for the first time in my life. But that's just me...
Best Posts in Thread: Household Community Quarantine Passes
Page 1 of 8
NegOr Chief Executives/Mayors and Incident Commanders Meeting convened by DILG. Discussion points. In attendance were Vice Governor, PHO, and NOPPO
1. Letter from OPAV and the DILG MC 2020-062 allows stranded residents to come home. This their constitutional right. This was the opinion of DILG. The directive and reminder came from the Presidential Management Staff. Governor, Vice Governor, and mayors. Dumaguete City Mayor Ipe Remollo also gives his opinion to follow the President and national IATF. All returning residents need to be quarantined at their respective hometowns and must be fetched and transported by their own LGUs.
2. Motorcycle backride is allowed. No back-ride policy is not yet enforceable according to NOPPO Chief Col Entoma
3. 24-Hour Curfew for Minors and Senior Citizen has a Sangguniang Panlalawigan ordinance. Let us wait for the copy. The Executive Order and the Ordinance already enforces the 24-curfew.
4. Standard curfew for all. This is at 9PM similar to the EO released. The Sangguniang Panlalawigan already enforces the standard curfew through an ordinance.
5. Enhanced Community Quarantine is being seriously considered but not for now. The Sangguniang Panlalawigan passed a resolution encouraging to declare the State of Enhanced Community Quarantine. Many factors are being considered and the provincial IATF needs to meet on this and call another meeting for mayors to present the plans and program of action.
6. Quarantine pass only when in ECQ. We need to prepare for now. Barangays are not required to implement as of the moment.
7. A building in Negros Oriental Provincial Hospital will be dedicated to COVID-19 cases. This is because we have Negrenses who cannot afford private hospitals so we cannot dedicate the entire NOPH for COVID alone.
8. Cities and municipalities need to assign a quarantine area.
9. Checkpoints in municipalities and cities can only do thermal scanning and monitoring. They cannot require other requirements and should allow entry unless the city or municipality is a border to another province.
From: Governor Roel Ragay Degamo's FB page
- Informative x 8
- Thanks x 2
I have always thought that a foreigner who has decided to live in the Philippines to claim the Senior Discount is one of the most disgraceful things I have ever seen. I have even seen foreigners brag about their senior discount card as if it is something to be proud of and urge others to do the same. If you need the senior discount to be able to afford to live in the Philippines you do not deserve to be there.
- Agree x 8
If you believe someone is maliciously spreading false and misleading information or conspiracy theories on the forum report it using the reporting feature. Do NOT reply to it and try to deal with it on your own. (This only brings further attention to the information.) If you believe someone has misinterpreted a rule/law/executive order feel free to comment on it.
Warnings, points and bans WILL be issued going forward.
- Agree x 4
- Like x 3
comparing case numbers here and in countries where the numbers of tests carried out are an order of magnitude,or two, larger, doesnt really say anything. We will see in a few weeks how well the virus has been really contained here. Also chinas numbers are to be taken with a grain of salt, they obviously are very interested in selling this as a big win for their f*cked up political system.
Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
- Agree x 6
- Like x 1
along valencia-bacong highway big checkpoint, check q-pass, temperature measurement, shoe sole desinfection, hand washing, was finally let into bacon (yay!).
Back to Duma on the main highway, no traffic at the checkpoint into Dumaguete (no visiting hours for non-residents), q pass check, temperature measurement, had to get out of the car and walk through some gate spraying desinfectant (?) all over me. totally ridiculous and the reason I'll take the diversion road both ways next time...
- Informative x 4
- Agree x 1
Page 1 of 8