Dumaguete Info Search

Emergency Best Posts in Thread: Covid-19

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Impossible. This virus is likely here to stay. Too many countries doing completely idiotic things, or down right denying it is a thing, to get cases down to zero. Even with a vaccine you have idiotic anti-vaxers who will screw it up for everyone else. Chances of every country in the world legislating mandatory vaccines (or even be able to provide them) are slim to none.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    No I am not but it is a global economy no matter if you like it or not and many locals work abroad and have families here that rely on them. The economy will severely struggle if all the ports were kept closed and workers and OFWs weren't allowed in without wasting a lot of company time or their very limited vacation days. BPOs are a massive industry as well. People need to come and go to keep those businesses running smoothly and trained up.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    The problem is, to achieve herd immunity, infections have to actually happen. so the question is, how can you get up to a reasonable speed of the virus spreading, so that herd immunity is reached at some point and at the same time your hospitals dont break down. I fear that here, with the current hospital capacities, this means quarantine and thus a very slow spreading speed for a long time, possibly until a vaccine is out and herd immunity is reached that way.

but for such a long time span, they will need to relax the measures, open up stores and bring trade up to speed again. all with physical distancing and face masks etc, but people will have to buy stuff other than food sooner or later, as things break down and have to be replaced / repaired. Just yesterday i dropped my phone and thought, duh, what if its broken now - theres no way to get a proper replacement.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Jessie77

Jessie77 DI Member

Ratings:
    +211 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Good afternoon,
    We're taking this quarantine very seriously.

Please don't ask for any food of any description from now on.

Until this lockdown/quarantine has been lifted we're just going to look after ourselves. (We don't really care about anyone else, can't cook if you're dead ). There will be no unnecessary contact with other people at all.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    But we can get it down to zero (or a manageable small number) here on Negros island. Let the rest of the fools suffer.

• Agree Agree x 2