Dumaguete Info Search

Food & Grocery Best Posts in Thread: JoyDelicacies Sallggow

1. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    Thank you to all of our customers and friends that have been supporting our efforts.
    We just completed the process for our building permit for a restaurant in Valencia. It will be on Legarda right at the corner of West Balugo Road. That is 1.2 km north of the main Valencia Dumaguete highway on Legarda St. If you are on the main highway going toward Dumaguete from the Valencia Market, turn left at the road just past Neva's and go 1.2 km. The road on the left at that point is West Balugo. We will be on the far corner.
    It will probably take a couple of months, maybe a little more. It will only be a small place but will give us the space to be able to serve our friends and customers better and serve all our regular foods as hot meals. We have a few more standards of ours to add to the menu also, such as country fried steak, smoked pork shoulder bbq, fried chicken, etc., etc. Nothing fancy, just good quality simple food.
    It is called "Joy Bamboo Cafe".
    Here is a drawing of what the place will look like. Not exact, just an artists rendering. It's shady there so once we get open we will probably be adding a couple places to sit in the yard too.
    Drawing of restaurant building.JPG

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    posting for a friend who vends at the sunday valencia mkt
    ===================================

JoyDelicacies Sallggow

We're making a lot of new american flavored stuff now. All of it in freezer bags that you put in boiling water to heat or the microwave.

Chicken parmesan with spaghetti, eggplant parmesan, lasagna, baked ziti, baked chicken and dressing, chicken pot pie and Aussie beef pie, green beans, cabbage, of course regular American style homemade bread or rolls and Italian ciabatta bread. The lasagna includes a personal size ciabatta bread. Biscuits/scones and sausage gravy, country/breakfast sausage and biscuits, pear preserves, and for desserts, lemon meringue and chocolate meringue pie, carrot cake, apple pie, peach, custard pie, leche flan, Scottish shortbread cookies, and of course still making all the stuff we used to make. Pics are on the FB page. It depends on the item but sometimes we have and sometimes it takes a day, we like to sell fresh.

we deliver by appointment in Valencia within one to two days. Same for Dumaguete on the days designated for Valencia to Dumaguete travel, which are Tuesday 1.00 to 6.00, Thursday 7.00 to 12.00, Sunday 7.00 to 12.00
    If you want to pick up here in Valencia it is ok most anytime.

search JoyDelicacies Sallggow on FB

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  3. Sedona

Sedona DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +673 / 102
    Your landlord is not being reasonable. If you require the customer to be wearing a face mask, and you use general common sense precautions and disinfect and clean when the delivery person returns, the risk is really very minimal. It would seem there would not be any more risk with delivering an order to a customer than there is to having the customer come in and pick up a take out order. Your landlord should recognize that you are performing a very valuable service by delivering your frozen meals during this time of quarantine and be supportive of your efforts, we are all in this together. Good luck.

• Agree Agree x 8
  4. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    Hello Sir, thank you very much for your nice comments. Filipinos usually like the chicken parmesan, egg plant parm and baked ziti and lasagna too, if they add a little sugar. Once we get ourselves resolved to the growth we have experienced we will soon be adding some Filipino dishes. Our first next additions will be Southern US type BBQ pork and baked beans, probably a chunky beef pot roast type pie, or pot roast. Then will come a few Filipino dishes that my wife makes very well. Thanks again and we look forward to hearing from you.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    Hello Sir, Sorry for the delay in answering but we have been out gathering food today and making a few deliveries. I think if you click on the "Photos" button on the FB page it will allow you to see the pictures of food that we have and you got the price list, I see. I don't know why but I am unable to see the friend request you sent. My wife does the FB stuff, I don't do FB. About us. I had an 80 chair "breakfast and plate lunch" type restaurant in the South in the US for a while, and enjoy cooking. We started making lemon meringue and chocolate meringue pie here as a hobby just because we heard so many expats complaining about the lack of food they really liked and some things that they couldn't get. We have been selling pies at the Valencia market on Sunday since last October, and sell desserts to a few restaurants in Dumaguete and Valencia. We started expanding based upon requests and what I know how to cook and have added many things. We decided to bag and freeze individual servings and usually sell that way but sometimes do sell whole trays or pans. Our quality is as good as one can buy here, which if you know where to buy supplies, is on par with the US mostly. The things that are not so good here or not available, we make ourselves. Like ricotta cheese and Italian sausage for the lasagna and country sausage We make our own spaghetti sauce and many other things. We try to keep the prices down and our main goal is to supply good food at a good value. Usually we take orders and deliver in one or two days as often times we have to make some of the food to fill your order. We understand a small order if you want to try the food before you buy much, but once you see if you like it we like to get orders of at least 4 or 500 to justify a delivery, however, if you are on the way to our next stop we will work with you if necessary. We don't want you to be hungry. If you have any questions just ask.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    Hello All, We are now open and serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. 8.30 to 6.00. We will have a roast beef dinner this Sunday Feb 28, starting at 12.30 and serving until 6.00. 240p all inclusive. Our tender pot roast, with carrots and potatoes. Choose from roasted rosemary potatoes, mashed potatoes, corn, mushy peas, baked bbq beans. Yorkshire pudding or our dinner rolls. (or both). unli Brewed coffee, 1 Red Label tea, 1 soda, or other drink included, all for 240p, beer with meal add 55p each. Desserts are 45p additional for Lemon Meringue, Chocolate Meringue, or Carrot Cake. Scottish Shortbread Complimentary. Open every day but Wednesday. On Legarda St just past the corner of the West Balugo/Laverna Rd. We are on Google Maps as Joy Bamboo Cafe.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  7. Sedona

Sedona DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +673 / 102
    So far I've tried the custard and lemon pies, they were very good. Today I had the baked chicken with dressing for lunch, it was a delightful surprise. I'm a big guy with a big appetite, and I found that one serving left me pleasantly full. In the States I always looked forward to Thanksgiving dinner because I loved the dressing. I couldn't understand why we only had dressing on Thanksgiving and not the rest of the year. Joy's chicken and dressing brought back memories for me of Thanksgiving dinners in the US. The chicken was moist and tender, and the dressing was just wonderful. Now, I need to say, I'm the only American in our house and everybody else is Filipino. They had never even heard of dressing before, and it was their first time trying it. Their first thought was, "don't you put that on your rice?". No, you don't put it on rice, it's dressing, you don't need rice (LOL). They liked it okay, but let's just say if there was a choice of menu it likely wouldn't be their first choice, it is just a dish that they are not used to. We bought several of them, and I'm happy it's not their first choice because I will gladly eat them all and then order some more.

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I've tried everything ordered in my previous post. Everything was very good, even for those items that were frozen and reheated in boiling water (no microwave here). I really like the lasagna and meat pies, with a preference for the beef.

I will be putting in another order soon.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Here is the pricing and information that I received:
    I think the last sentence from her was answering my questions about serving sizes. Likely applies to main dishes ("frozen foods").

• Thanks Thanks x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    We will be open all day Sunday, April 11, with full backup power.
    We are now making a Solo 6" Pizza with choice of one topping, BBQ Pork, Sausage, Pepperoni, Ham, and more, all made by us, for 100p with drink.
    Thin crust, crisp on the bottom. Thick crust extra 20p, each additional topping 35p.

• Like Like x 5