Best Posts in Thread: US Disabled Veterans and US stimulus payment info

1. Kilam63

Kilam63 DI Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Air Force

Retired
    Ratings:
    +135 / 3
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Received mine yesterday and I do file taxes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. MikeP64

MikeP64 DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +246 / 138
    For veterans who missed out on COVID stimulus cash payouts, VA and IRS have a quick fix
    https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...lus-cash-payouts-va-and-irs-have-a-quick-fix/

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Much more honor and integrity in what you are doing than what these whining and disgraceful vet groups that forgot the core values the military tried to pound in their heads are doing. They volunteered to serve their country and possibly sacrifice their lives while doing so but now the cowards are afraid of sacrificing 5 minutes of their time on a computer from the safety of their homes and crying like little b*tches about how unfair it all is. Completely pathetic, I would be ashamed to be a member of any of these groups. They need to man up and stop being an embarrassment to the real men and women who served their country.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    I read that recipients of Social Security will not need to apply separately. Those who receive it in a bank account, that is.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    And the beat goes on. We worked and paid high taxes so the government could pay the military and civilians working in the useless war in Afghanistan.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Doesn't read like they are shafted at all.
    You have to go to the website just like anyone else that has non-taxable income/doesn't have to file a tax return. It's not some outrageous thing that is being done to veterans, you have to go to a website and enter some information just like everyone else in that financial situation. I find it a bit odd that these, generally conservative, groups would be complaining about about a handout and asking for special treatment. A bit hypocritical...and all because they want to save a few clicks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2020