Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: No Stimulus Pay if

1. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,161 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I would call them back and state that it must have been lost in the mail.

They do have the ability to stop payment on the check and reissue a new one. There is nothing in the rules that states they will wait for the check to be returned.

If your refund check was lost, stolen, destroyed or not received and has not been cashed, we can normally provide a replacement within six to eight weeks.

https://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof/lang/en/irtrconlinehelp.jsp

Although this is not your situation, even if the check had been cashed by someone else they have a procedure to issue you a new check. (involves another form, etc.)

• Like Like x 2
  2. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +954 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    If you receive social security you will get a payment in the second wave. If you receive SS by direct deposit IN A US BANK you will get it that way; I doubt that the US treasury us set-up or to would pay the fees to deposit in foreign banks. In such cases, you would receive a check in the mail to the US address on record. Of course, if wife is not a US citizen or green card holder she is not eligible and they will not give any US stimulus intended for citizens/residents if joint tax return includes a TIN for foreigners. I guess they are not sure who gets the money (I know which spouse in my household handles the money haha).

Just file a 2019 tax return filing separately using direct deposit to a US bank even if you don’t need to, and amend it later on if entitled to a refun If not on SS. In either case, indicate a US bank for receiving refund or paying even if no refund or payment is due. File online separately using a free program like TAX ACT. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 2