Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Seeking a dozen top egg laying Chickens

1. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    my bucolic adventures here include a half hectare of rice, twice with piggerys and once with layers. all with family members. lost more money with the chickens than anything else, but every adventure lost money. have shifted to having a big party every christmas. that way i know my budget.

• Like Like x 3
  2. shakey

shakey DI Member Veteran Navy

economic refugee
    Ratings:
    +295 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Try Don Bosco Farms or Silliman farms. Each grow their own layers. Young layers start laying small eggs and the size of the egg becomes larger as they age.

The eggs you buy in the Public market are shipped from Dipolog and are several days old before they reach the market. Likewise the semi parked between Lantau and Tiki bar are several days old.

Don Bosco and Silliman farms early in the day run out of eggs due to the many restaurants that demand the freshest eggs.

King KZ across from DCCO has farm fresh eggs supplied by one of their family members. The sizes available at any given time depends on the age of the birds.

Eggs when they are old, the yolks break when put in the skillet.

shakey aka John

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. you_have_been_removed

you_have_been_removed THIS IS SPARTA!!!!

Ratings:
    +261 / 53
    there are several local groups on FB, that can help you
    you are after RHODE ISLAND REDS (RIR), or the DOMINANT CZ breeds and AUSTRALORPS not overly expensive, most of the farmer breeders are down bacong/valencia way
    Bongski Free Range Native Chicken Philippines 0977 822 4855

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1