Dumaguete Info Search

Utilities & Mobile Best Posts in Thread: Noreco II Dumaguete Service

1. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Mini shocks are definitely poor grounding. Any reasonable electrician will know how to put in a grounding rod at the house and connect it the neutral side of the feed of the power connection to the house. (It must be done at the house by grounding the neutral in the power fuse box) If he picks the wrong one he will soon know about it when he turns the power back on believe me so he cant leave you with the wrong side grounded.

The aspect of lights being live when the switch for the light is turned off is a common error in the Philippines where the installer never bothered to maintain proper color coding of the lighting connections and switches. They very often get them mixed up so that the switch actually turns off the neutral leaving the active live and still connected to the bulb socket. This is dangerous and can be corrected easily by simply reversing the connection to the switch but again get an Electrician to do that for you. It's not a matter of removing the switch and turning the wires there round the other way. The actual wire down to the switch must be reconnected so that the active feed is switched and not the neutral, or , if all the lights are affected this way, it will be easier to identify the active at the fuse box and correct it there by altering the connection to the lighting fuse. But again, don't do this yourself unless you know what you are doing. Get an electrician because it is possible that fuse is supplying something else in the house if a bodgey electrician did the installation in the first place.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Unannounced brownouts are due to a failure of the grid. (Take a look at the rat nest of cables on the poles for one example of why this "grid" constantly fails. If that garbage is what they let everyone see just imagine what is going on with the stuff that is out of sight and out of mind.)

Mismanagement/incompetence/don't give a f*ck.

A combination of universal power supplies, generator and backup internet options (if your ISP goes down during brownouts...but most don't). Infrastructure has long been a problem in the developing world. It has improved quite a bit since I first got here but it is still something you should have factored in to your decision to work online from the Philippines. While it is annoying it really is nothing new.

I guess you better get a few UPS, power regulator and a generator then. NORECO certainly isn't going to give a crap about your business or loss of it from their negligence and incompetence as it seems they barely give a crap about their own.

Wish in one hand, sh*t in the other, see which one fills up first.

Yeah, you will or you won't have electricity.

:biglol: Oh? Can you post that contract here? I would bet money there is language in there that makes sure you have a 0% chance of winning any civil lawsuit.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. SmartKoala

SmartKoala DI Junior Member Veteran Army

Crypto trading
    Ratings:
    +15 / 6
    Blood Type:
    A+
    No worries here (Banilad), my small 500W solar system is always on. That's what I call "uninteruptable power supply" (UPS). Installed it myself about 2 years ago and no more power interruptions since (at least for internet, hi-fi equipment, etc). Fridge needs a little more power...

• Like Like x 2
  4. blueskies

blueskies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +204 / 35
    Thank you, excellent option but not worth to invest if its for rental property. The entire consumption of energy to run by solar would cost me more or less 5Million pesos. My engineer quoted 350,000pesos for a solar house system (Direct current with Batteries)with 1 AC, 1 Fridge, TV and lights. A property with swimming pool,water pump,3water pressure, 22AC will cost a lot for DC solar with Batteries which is only last to 15-20yrs.
    I have 2 small house at the farm installed with solar system for lights and computer/phone charger that cost 32,000 each. For 15 years each house only cost 177/month.
    Now for water system with 9Panels and Battery cost me 2,700/month shared by 3 owners and unlimited amount supply.
    For my experienced it is worth to investment on Solar system if local electric is not reliable.
    Here in Valencia where my home and business at, the current electric interruptions is about 10% per year. If i have complaints and damaged appliances still its still okay rather than spending 5M pesos for converting it to Solar, which i cannot afford to spend at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    I did notice the lighter crews. Yesterday I saw a crew with only 3 guys watching 1 guy work instead of the usual 5. Question, what is yellow and sleeps 4? Hint, it has two bamboo ladders on top. Only joke, na lang.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Genius Genius x 1
  6. you_have_been_removed

you_have_been_removed DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +261 / 52
    Take it on the chin, there is no competition, the infrastructure is 3rd world, I have wires close to me nailed on to mango trees, Noreco dont have to answer to anyone, if your life is dependent on consistent connection, you better get yourself some sort of plan B (generator)

5 MINUTES COMPLAINING ABOUT NORECO IS 5 MINUTES WASTED

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1