Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Lizards

1. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    i like tikis in the house, they keep the insect population down and provide entertainment for me. they've learned to come when i call out tiki tiki tiki like you would call a cat.

some hang out on the stovetop under the grates and wait for me to feed them small bits of ground meat on my fingertip, they're not afraid of a cooking vessels placed over him or the piezoelectric igniter or the burner flame.

they'll try to snitch bits of food when i'm prepping dinner or take a sip of my evening cocktail. i wasn't watching once and found a tiki tail poking out of my kaluá drink; guess he had too much to drink.

there's several that follow me from the kitchen to my desk and stalk me for food. one tiki hangs out under my keyboard and comes out for bits of tiki snacks that i put on a spoon for it. it also, licks the condensation on a cup.

the tukos knock things over and are too big to be indoor pets.

it's more fun in the fils...

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. btd

btd DI Member

Ratings:
    +97 / 1
    Those larger "tukos" are filthy pests inside the house. I moved to a new place in part because of the same problem where I had previously lived (in Talay). While I was there I would either ask maintenance staff to come in and kill it, or if nobody was around to help, shoot it down from the ceiling with an air soft gun. Inevitably another one would just move in. Same issue - crapping all over the floor, kitchen surfaces, even on myself or my guests. I'm fine with them outside but in the house they are disgusting.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baygon

Baygon products contain the pyrethroids cyfluthrin, transfluthrin, prallethrin and the carbamate propoxur and organophosphorus chlorpyrifos, as active ingredients. In the concentrations used in consumer product insecticides, pyrethroids may also have insect repellent properties and are generally harmless to human beings in low doses but can harm sensitive individuals. If ingested in sufficient quantities, they can lead to a variety of ill effects, including tremors, dyspnea, and paralysis.

The active "biocide" ingredient in Baygon, Prallethrin, while considered effective as a mosquito repellent, has been flagged by the WHO and in other studies, as "highly toxic" to honeybees and fish.

I highlighted "but can harm sensitive individuals" as some here might be like me and cry when watching 'Bambi'. :smile:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1