Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Alternative Career Wish

1. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    I am retired so to fantasize about what alternative life choice I would have made is to only contribute to this thread (BTW ........... I think this is a great thread, just saying)

- I would have loved to have simplified all .... by just being a surfing instructor living in Hawaii.... owning a small plot with a native hut ripping around in a 1978 silver anniversary Corvette and spanking the Monkey with gorgeous Chick Tourists 3 times a day minimum.

• Like Like x 5
  2. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I'm way too slow and short to play safety in the NFL so that dream went out the window. As a 17 year old kid joining the AF I wanted to be a meteorologist, the AF made me an electrician. Can't complain as I was good at that and it led to many construction management positions after my military career finished. I honestly can't think of a different career path...would love to go back and NOT meet an ex but that is a different topic.

Shawn

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 26, 2020
  3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    I had a fairly successful career; still, if I had a choice to do what I wish I could have been (no experience necessary), I would like to have been an NFL (American pro football) coach or at least an offensive coordinator. The challenge, good pay, first class travel, chicks the players turn away.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: May 24, 2020
  4. Kilam63

Kilam63 DI Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Air Force

Retired
    Ratings:
    +135 / 3
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Lead singer in a rock & roll band...maybe a short ride but what a way to go!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    Actually Mr C (note the familiarity creeping in) we apes are moneys, as much as it hurts us to admit it: "Monkeys, including apes, can be distinguished from other primates by having only two pectoral nipples, a pendulous penis, and a lack of sensory whiskers". I scored 3 out of 3 on that! Yipee!

I know this because I took my degree in not-knowing-anything-but-being-able-to-copy-it-and-put-it-on-a-forum-with-a-sense-of-authority. But then to my horror I found out that there are many others (some on this Forum, but not you) who must have done the same degree. I would chat with them about some of the things they write but as none of us know anything, I now consider it pointless.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Just remember, that as far as coaches go, the NFL stands for Not For Long.

• Like Like x 2