Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Since we don't know how to solve crimes.....

1. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have yet to see one one post from locals on FB that didn't heavily ridicule this idiotic idea or the city council. I think there is a good chance they may eventually reconsider this one...or the police/LTO may decide to let this one become yet another law that is not enforced. They may also have to alter the ticket books again to add this new infraction as they did with the flip-flops (that had already been law for decades) before anyone can start enforcing it.

It is odd though; how is it that every single person that was not in the city council who heard this idea immediately knew it was stupid and would do nothing to achieve the law's stated goal. The people who passed the law can't possibly be this dense. Seems almost as if this is a distraction to something else they are planning. I wonder what else was voted on that day? It seems quite Trumpesque in it's level of deflection. :cautious:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    I have a different view on this. As a biker in UK, where tinted visors are already banned at night and in poor vision (also with a rule that the tint must allow 50% of light through), I tried a stick-on anti-sun glare type strip once. The vision from dusk onwards was much reduced. If you want anti-sun glare, wear shades. I've noticed that in a car with tinted windows, which virtually all have here to reduce sun glare, from 5.45pm onwards, vision becomes much reduced. In my view, motorcyclists here should be put behind the wheel of a car at around that time to get an idea of the car driver's view of them weaving about with no lights, particularly rear ones. It won't happen of course. When I've pointed this out to motorbike riding relatives they have been quite surprised.

I do agree though that banning them for security reasons is an utter waste of time.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    What will they do if criminals decide to wrap a t-shirt or bandana around their head under the helmet or perhaps even wear a pair of aviator sunglasses? Ban those as well?

Tinted helmets, especially with those visors that flip up and down, are extremely useful and help protect your eyes against UV light and glare.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1