Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Facebook tap to retry

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Nord is good and a good price for 3 yrs

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1,261
    Cobol was for the business boys and girls.
    My course was Electrical Systems. The Fortran part was just to teach us to make flowcharts and write supporting programs with all the evil syntax stuff.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Yeah weren't those punch card fun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1,261
    Fortran Ha. I don't remember the language anymore but I do remember a couple of things: 1) Never drop your pile of punch and 2) write a number on each card so you put them back in order after you drop them.

• Like Like x 2
  5. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Alive? Are you kidding? I used Fortran and I am still well below the the retirement age.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Dont tell me you used Fortran ... I thought I was the only one alive to remember that one.

• Like Like x 2
  7. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    As an old programmer who read binary, octal, hexadecimal, is there now a job market for me, when I’m not drinking, Beats working in a 7-11 or security guard at Starbucks.
    On second thought, I think I will keep drinking.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    It is not clear who you are asking (best to do a 'quote' or 'reply') but if it is me then where did say I use FB?

I don't use it, never have, never will. Same for Instagram (even though millions ask to follow me :smile: ), Snapchat, Snapgram, Facesnap or anything else they design of a similar type.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Netflix (and other service providers) are however actively working against that - they try hard to detect your use of a VPN and, if they think you do, you get nothing. Generally you run the risk to fall into a 'sketchy user, probably tries to hide something' category when large service providers that have the scale and infrastructure to detect or at least make an educated guess about your use of a VPN try to prevent fake accounts / abuse of their services. Just a thing to keep in mind when you're wondering one day why something isn't working the way it should.

Besides hiding your real geographical location, the other (some might argue, more relevant) use case for using a VPN is to hide your history of visited sites / servers you connected to from your internet provider and whoever is sniffing around in their data centers. Which would be mostly law enforcement / three letter agencies etc. But, in such cases, a VPN is only part of the solution, not a 100% safeguard. If "they" are after you, you need more than just a VPN...

Most definitely you don't want to use a "free" VPN in any case that's more serious than watching Netflix, because in that case, you (or at least your browsing history) are actually the product that's being sold to someone else. But Facebook users are familiar with that deal already I guess.

• Like Like x 2