Dumaguete Info Search

Electronics & Appliances Best Posts in Thread: Fil Products

1. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    If you have a smart tv (you would know if you do) then the tv would have apps (software) to connect to streaming services on its own (provided the tv is connected to your router (either through wifi or networkcable). If your tv isn't "smart" then you will need a device (e.g. a Google Chromecast) that does the smart stuff instead.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    I use Flixtor streaming service. £79 ($105) for two years. Movies going back to the 1920s and TV series as well. When I got this I cancelled Cignal and saved equivalent of £120 ($160) per year. I believe there are a number of such services, but had no issues with Flixtor so far and is ad free for the premium service.

• Like Like x 1
  3. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Are you recommending power requirements or speed requirements....

PatO ..10mbps is not too bad if you really get 10 but Fil products says "up to 10mbps" which means substantially less if your area is over sold ... do you have a choice on provider ? if not then try 10mbps and if it is too slow you can upgrade to 15 which is what I have....

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Yeah it's a smart TV, I get Netflix, You-tube. and others I don't use. I was wondering about apple TV or Roku being connected to the TV. I have my answer, thanks to Mr Google.

• Like Like x 2
  5. NowandThen

NowandThen DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +353 / 87
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Looks interesting. Some websites are claiming it is illegal. Well, living in the Philippines I don't worry too much if it would be. But just wondering.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

6. Dutchie

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Most "unlimited" plans have a "fair use policy", which means that if you're an average user you'll never have any problems.
    The smallprint in the contract that has the fair use policy is to protect the provider against the effects of "heavy online gaming", people trying to download/upload (e.g torrents) almost continuously, etc.
    Pricing of fast unlimited internet is all about the use of bandwidth by the combined customers. In order to be able to compete on price (because more bandwidth means higher expenses for the provider), providers have no wish to get lots of heavy users among their customers, so they discourage those with that smallprint.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have the 10mbps package and have no problems with streaming services. I get HD 720p or above on all services (Disney+, HBO, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Netflix, YouTube) with little to no service interruptions.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Dutchie

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    If getting fiber is an option, that's what I would go for. For around 2,000 a month you get a pretty stable 20 mbps, fine for Netflix etc.
    Basically, any speed that allows you to download a movie faster than you can watch it is good enough for streaming video.
    20 mbps (megabits per second) means about 2.5 Mb/s (Megabytes per second). A high definition 1.5 hour movie is around 1.4 Gb (Gigabytes) or 1400 Mb. So, at 20 mbps you can theoretically download that movie in 1400/2.5= 560 seconds = under 10 minutes. Way faster than you can watch it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1