Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Any house for sale

1. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    I thought what Liverpool said was hilarious, "If that grandfather doesn't have a house for sale, what's your point?".
    This post too is off topic but is a response. I don't have a house for sale.
    Be aware that in Asia, especially poorer countries, relationships are often entered into intellectually rather than emotionally, even more so than in the West. Love can come later and usually does. I don't think grandpa really believes that young lady loves him just for his personality or great physique. They are both happy so what's the problem? Not our business.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Genius Genius x 1
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    SPOT on and END OF. Well said.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Do that twice divorced grandfather has a house for sale? If not, what's your point?

• Funny x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Informative x 1
    • Genius x 1
    • Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  4. shakey

shakey DI Member Veteran Navy

economic refugee
    Ratings:
    +295 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Visit the Loan Officer at the Rural Bank of Bacong or the Dumaguete Rural Bank Inc and inquire about Foreclosed properties meeting your specifications. Even if the starting price is beyond your budget they will negotiate.

Banks will not loan money on property with bad title. On good loans when they foreclose the title is changed at ROD to the banks name. A cash buyer at the bank has his/her name registered and receives the title. If part of the property price is used as collateral for a loan the bank remains the registered owner at ROD until the loan is paid then the ownership at ROD is changed to the borrower and the title is released by the bank.

shakey aka John

• Informative Informative x 6
  5. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    This thread went awry when someone introduced age of wives/partners as an irrelevant matter - when, in fact, it is the sole business of the two people in that relationship.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,092 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I know this question was put to another on this site, but one good reason not to buy/build in a Sub-Division in my opinion is; most of us here are older than our partners and our reasons for buying or building here is to leave a place for them to live after we have gone, rather than them having to go back to the bamboo huts they were brought up in; but a SD is not a good choice for that as they will always have SD dues to pay, when you have gone where will their income come from? can you leave them enough money to last them the rest of their days? even if you can the family will wheedle it out of them, same goes if they sell the expensive house in the SD, there is also another problem with that the higher priced houses usually stay on the market that bit longer, so the Pinay takes out loans, then gets desperate for money and sell at a much reduced price.

Houses in good SD's usually are more expensive, rather than pay that extra for a house better to get something on its own and spend the extra on gaining more land, perhaps even to build a second house on it.

Added to the above if you can build a house that requires no AC add a solar system even better, then you have then left a house that is affordable on a very low income.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,092 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Best Answer
    I would never be confident of any house here being well built and of a proper standard to withstand earthquakes and high velocity winds, even if built by a Foreigner, many of them become building experts overnight from what they have learned from their Filipino builder and it is highly unlikely that the Pinoy really knows his job?
    How can you tell if a house (the majority made with CHB) has been well built after it is rendered? it is impossible to know how the core of the house has been fabricated; how deep the foundation is; was good grade Portland cement used with the correct grade of gravel and sand mixed in the correct proportions? I have just given a couples of examples here but there is a lot more to a house being well built that just the above.

There is one obvious clue when a CHB House is not properly constructed here and that is when cosmetic skinny pillars are used, if you ever view a house with the intentions of buying and it is constructed with skinny Pillars walk away from it, in the last few years more than half the houses have this feature, many of which are built by Foreigners and specified by the Architects (these guys know little about structural engineering) that did their drawings.

How do I know all of the above and am I qualified to give this advice, I have not one qualification with my name to it, but I have done my research on construction here in the Philippines.

Here are a couple of sites worth taking a look at; myphilippinelife, this is about a US guy who built his own house on Panay Island and it is not a stupid Youtube Video made by someone that just wants to hear and see himself on Camera.
    Another is a site where there is good information written by a Structural Engineer in Bali, just google Mr Fixit Bali and finally here is a Link to good building practise in the Philippines; https://www.unisdr.org/files/10329_GoodBuildingHandbookPhilippines.pdf

I know there will be a few guys out there who will want to verbally attack me on my opinion of cosmetic Pillars, but before you do please take the time to peruse the above sites before you put your foot in your mouth.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142

Examples: We've been out twice in the area during quarantine delivering bags of rice and corned beef; we installed solar lights on poles on the approach to our property and agreed to move one of the poles to provide better lighting for all at a junction; we've invited neighbours around to birthday parties etc (and has been reciprocal); we've exchanged food with two of our neighbours quite regularly; we let our immediate neighbour tap into our wifi for free; we are doing some improvements to drainage outside but slightly away from our frontage to assist everyone as it floods quite bad when it rains heavy - assists us when we walk to neighbouring sari-sari and should reduce mosquitoes; we often go walking in the neighbourhood and buy from small businesses and chatting to locals, sometimes taking the dogs walking; we've been respectful of local traditions (we got a comment from one neighbour when we got home late one evening and swept up some debris and dust from building works - apparently frowned upon after dark! - we explained why and no problem). Apart from the food we've had numerous small gifts from neighbours like plants and bottles of beer.

What I found was that they seemed genuinely surprised how friendly a foreigner neighbour could be - like they were as wary about potential problems as we were initially.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    By the way, yes I live in a subdivision, and from your description I wouldn't be at all surprised if it is the same one that you rented in all those years ago lol,
    As a rule, no cars are parked in the street here, there's no street vendors coming in, nobody has chickens/roosters, no free roaming dogs here, friendly neighbours, and karaoke, well, sometimes there's a party where the ladies like to sing, so what?
    Does that mean it is paradise, no of course not. Wherever one chooses to live there will be issues.
    But I am happy here, and so is my gwapa asawa.

• Like Like x 4
  10. you_have_been_removed

you_have_been_removed DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +261 / 52
    Wooooo was having some work done on the house recently, so took the family to Aldea close to sibulan for a week , longest month of my life ...........CONCRETE JUNGLE, CONCRETE SHXXHOLE, better conditions if living in the wet market in the city......IMHO, they buy a house then think they can extend up or down, open a store, park 5 cars outside the house, clothes lines everywhere, then some houses boarded up, dogs a wild..........rant over

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1