Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Forum Critics

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    I guess most forums probably have 10% who get off criticising posts. Is it an envy vs. jealousy issue? Is it their own lives are so miserable and their pasts were no better? Are they stuck alone here with Rosy? Are they without assets? Are they perfect and can’t handle those they feel don’t meet their standards? Are they weaklings who hide behind their laptops? Maybe they are just complete ********.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Lets keep it nice. No personal attacks or warning will be given. Everyone makes mistakes as we all know.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    I don’t think naming names would be productive, although I am not against it. I’m sure the forum sheriff would lock up a few of us. My interpretation of a post may be different than the next person. Personally, I think some critics have a paradox. They want to be relevant but don’t have the substance to use their own subject matter so critically jump on the bones of another’s post.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Surely there is a difference in criticize and disagree. I personally find it difficult to pass up a comment which I believe to be misleading and /or incorrect. That's me! Sorry if it offends because it's not meant to. And I will keep on disagreeing when I think it's appropriate and usually that disagreement will be backed up with a bit of research to indicate where my belief comes from. If you don't agree with me, fine, discussion is good for you (and me) but like everyone I guess, the occasional use of an inappropriate word like "stupid"is regretted.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Mark K

Mark K DI Member

Ratings:
    +362 / 106
    Who cares if someone criticizes/ trolls/ whatever?

If a stranger/ strangers criticize me I honestly couldn't give a monkeys. By reacting, getting annoyed, or indeed starting a post about it, you are just giving them the attention they desire but don't deserve.

If one ignores them like one would an irritating little child they soon stop :smile:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    What's the purpose of "naming names"? If you don't like what a person has to say then skip them. Nobody agrees with everyone all of the time.

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    well, for my part the subject of assessing and improving dumaguete info has at least the potential to help us all. after several years of living in dumaguete i joined here with the expectation of developing some comaraderie with like minded fellow expats. what i found was a large proportion of comments that are too destructive in attitude and comment. some appear to be insulting just for its own sake. many people are serious and helpful and have offered information i find helpful but i rarely offer my own opinions here anymore. a forum by definition is a place to offer opinion and ideas and discuss them it would be nice if that were more true here than it is.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Mark K

Mark K DI Member

Ratings:
    +362 / 106
    Alrighty, carry on sir. But don't let the idiots bring you down. Life is too short.

• Like Like x 4
  9. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

well my friend i do not disagree with anything you just said. you have just defined "forum" as i would understand it

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Smally

Smally DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +142 / 25
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    So sorry Jack. I must have pressed it by mistake as I was scrolling the screen. I have removed it now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1