Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: I think it is a...

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Have you tried using a VPN for your US credit union's online check deposit feature? This really is the easiest solution.

If you want I can give you my login and password for NordVPN. You can download the app on you phone and give it a try. Send a PM my way.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  2. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Most US banks have an App for your phone that will let you deposit a check by taking a picture of it.

This is how I deposit checks in the US. My mail service scans the check and emails the scan to me. I forward the scan to the bank with the App.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Milowood

Milowood DI Junior Member Veteran Army

Helicopter Pilot
    Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have used Express VPN for several years, it is very good for US netflicks and many other sites that block overseas traffic. excellent customer service, if you find you are still blocked from a site the their messaging help is always available and they will work with you till the problem is resolved. Highly recommended, I have used a couple of others previously Express is the best by far.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    NordVPN is the one I have used for years. I've heard good things about ExpressVPN as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Yes, VPN works anywhere on the Internet except China (mostly).

NordVPN
    https://nordvpn.com

You can also take a look at TransferWise for transferring money online.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    This is exactly what your bank does when you deposit money in to your checking account. If you put it in a savings or money market account they share a bit with you. This is a product of capitalism, not communism. These types of banking issues are part of living overseas, get a VPN service and use your bank's online check deposit feature (my banks, Schwab and Capital One, disable the service when using a foreign IP address). If your bank doesn't offer such a service move to a bank that does.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hhaha, well maybe, i don't know not having been around every corner. i do read about the chinese activities in the south china sea that seems to concern all of our neighbors including australia. i read about communist activity on our island of negros and on mindanao. our philppine president called communists the greatist threat to the philippine in a message a couple of weeks ago. my neighbor who is a retired policeman advised not to travel overland to bayawan from dumaguete but to travel around the coast. as far as the philippines goes i really don't need any more that this this to be concerned. as far as living in the US i was and am used to living in a country targeted by at least three communist countries with nuclear missiles (if you count north korea). may i repeat, its not paranoia if they're really out to gitcha!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1