Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Backriding may not be as simple as it seemed

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    They come up with some utter garbage here and to think some of these people are in the government. God help us.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I see it as a big positive if quarantine is going from unsupervised to supervised. We don't know for sure (of course) but it may help you and I (or any family member) stay alive a bit longer! It will certainly help the country get its economic footing back sooner.

But as to a general view of when is it time to leave - it has to be the time you wake up unhappy at another day spent somewhere and think you will be happier in your home country or, through research, another country. I have researched this already but currently feel happier and safer here in the Philippines in this pandemic (as long as I look after my own health security) - but I do know that there are many countries which would give more respect to their 'aliens', acknowledge the contribution (financial and otherwise) they bring, treat them a little more equal to citizens (wow! maybe even give them citizenship!) and not think that highlighting them as a cause of most problems to be a positive.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I wish they would stick with the good ideas (IMO!):

1. Compulsory face masks
    2. Social distancing
    3. Hand washing and care about items/people entering the home

But not:

1. Shut down economies even in areas where there is no evidence of infection (just be PREPARED to do so speedily if necessary)
    2. Make compulsory separation of people who live together when on bikes even though they exchange breath and fluids in their own homes
    3. Shut down a money-making lottery when they need the money and it can be operated safely (said to be due to preventing people wasting their money on gambling - AS IF they won't find other ways!).
    4. Allow HOME quarantine - it just DOES NOT WORK.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    And again I think to myself "they MUST be kidding".

Guess someone has a family member that just happens to have a ship full of such barries arriving from China...

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I can't read the original official posting, but I assume they have a list of those already sent for home quarantine and would start there. Then they have 'hotspots' (in Manila and Cebu especially) - so concentrate on the hotspots. If the process for any future quarantine is no longer at home, then they have started to crack it!

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    so, at what point do you start getting sufficiently concerned to start making preliminary arrangements to live in another country? i don't think i am going to be up for confrontation with the authorities over all this crap. it seems to be this is all getting more authoritarian and more invasive of personal space, not more open as consistent with any degree of relaxation.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    posted today

• Informative Informative x 3
  8. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    just received a post from "Yes the best dumaguete" post, stating that, Interior Secretary Eduardo Ano announced yesterday (tuesday July 14) that police will be going door to door looking for asymptomtic and mildly symptomatic covid carriers who are no longer be allowed to be under house quarentine , and "they will be brought" to government quarentine facilities.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    There is a naturalization process in the Philippines for those born abroad and don't have Filipino parents.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    They sure can spread - and days before we become aware of it - thus the reason to function on the basis that the virus might be where you are at any time. If people wear a face mask, eye glasses and good hygiene when OUT but stay in their homes as much as possible and control what comes into that home, then they, as individuals are protected to a high extent. Backed by government measures, including guarded quarantine, we can be safe wherever we are. We need not FEAR Covid-19 but respect it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1