Dumaguete Info Search

Visa Question Best Posts in Thread: BI still only taking 30 a day ?

1. Smally

Smally DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +142 / 25
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I went on Tuesday at 9.30am and I was the only person there. I returned the following day at 11am to pick up my passport and there was only one person in front of me. When I mentioned to one of the ladies that I was surprised that it wasn’t busy she said that they had been very busy for weeks but it has all died down now.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Went there today at 11.50am and I was the only person there.
    ps remember your need face shield as well as mask

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    A door or two before immigration, same side of the hallway.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. mattchu5150

mattchu5150 DI Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 32
    I went last Thursday and due to pick up today. To answer your question, yes they have a sheet of paper with 1-30, and you sign your name to the next open line and this is your number when they open. I will check later to see this is still the norm, I have NO reason to think it would change.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. mangoman

mangoman DI Junior Member Infamous

Ratings:
    +125 / 4
    It's been my habit for years to go to the Duma BI office in the mid-afternoons, because I have found lines are much shorter this time of the day. So last week I arrived around 2pm and was pleased to find there was only one customer there. I filled out the extension form and paid for a 6 month extension, then was told by the officer that I needed to start coming in earlier because there is a 30 person limit now. She was very kind and respectful with me and told me she would make an exception this time but I needed to start coming around 7-8am and sign in. So things have definitely changed there. Late afternoon visits are no longer permitted. My impression is that even if things are slow and 3o people have not come in that day, they still want you to come early, because they want to process all the visa extensions in the mornings. Perhaps I'm wrong on that, but that was my understanding.

6. mattchu5150

mattchu5150 DI Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 32
    Both times during CoVid, I went about 7:40 signed the list, and waited until 8 when they open the door and got my number. If less than 10, I just waited and was in by 8:20.

7. Lethl

Lethl One Hit Wonder?

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I was there Tuesday last week. Came around 6am, was 10 in line... Last spot was filled around 7:45am. If nothing changed since then, its still only 30 a day. I went for a 6 month visa. I daubt any of this will change anytime soon...