+673 / 102
    To the inventor of the backrider shield:
    upload_2020-8-2_15-32-52.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Genius Genius x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    They don't make the rules, they likely know it is BS as well.

• Agree Agree x 9
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I was stopped today at Hypermart and told I needed a shield between myself and my gf. They told her to get a trike, I said we didn't have any money and we would go back to Valencia. Turned around back towards Valencia and made the next left at the gas station to go towards Banilad and went around the checkpoint and carried on to downtown. No idea where to even buy one of these dangerous shields, nor do I care to waste my time finding out or going to go buy one.

There are many side streets to get around the checkpoints no matter where they are in the city. Carry on, business as usual.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    For me, I don't understand that if the Back Rider is wearing a full face (as now mandated) mask why the need for an additional barrier behind the Rider? :hmmm:

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    One thing on which I think 100% of this Forum agrees.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I just got back from a ride to bais,then mabinay and up onto the rd over the mountain to ayungun and back via the coast and saw a few checkpoints,got stopped for a temp check on one of them.
    Only saw 3 plastic dividers the whole time,most are riding 2 up when outside of dumb rules duma. I never saw any checkpoints outside stopping backriders.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  7. Dutchjob

Dutchjob DI Member

Fulltime Gago, part time manager
    Ratings:
    +227 / 39
    or maybe, maybe, just maybe.. this is to distract people from talking about abs-cbn or the amazing terror law....?
    there has to be some reason why this brilliant idea is been enforced.

for sure corona got nothing to do with it, i sleep with my wife but she can not be on the same bike without endangering our lives with some kind of bs?

come on, who believes that? even with one braincell you can not take this for what they say it is...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. mattchu5150

mattchu5150 DI Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 32
    This is the exactly what I tell others. They cannot repeal this idiocy until they can find another way out, otherwise the NIATF becomes an even bigger joke and loses any confidence there is left among the citizens.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. mattchu5150

mattchu5150 DI Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 32
    What I find very interesting, is that the first concept was from Angkas, a motorcycle taxi company. Hmmm, I wonder why they would be so involved when they should not be concerned at all. They should not operate until MGCQ is lifted and no barrier required.

MGCQ has no mandate over private transportation, a private motorcycle should be no different than a car. There is no rule for social distancing in a private vehicle other than PPE.

The continuation of double standards is nothing more than means of control.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    It is a bit more complicated than us foreigners moaning about "not putting a shield" on our bikes.
    Obviously, the whole thing isn't meant to deter people from transporting a member of their own household; it is meant to allow the "habal habal" thing (taking random paying passengers on a bike without sidecar) with some degree of infection safety.
    While I don't think habal habal rides are a big thing within the Dumaguete area, they are elsewhere, and plenty people rely on it for their income.
    Obviously, if the income aspect wasn't an issue, it would be much better to require driver and passenger to carry a photo ID and proof that they live together (e.g. a certificate from the barangay captain) than to enforce those shields.
    As for the effectiveness, I am more concerned about the little plastic separators onboard jeepneys not being effective than about bike rider/passenger infection risks even without a shield.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1