Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Social Distancing...

1. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    They stopped asking for passes at the markets too.

This strikes a good balance between the need to implement controls and the freedom of the people.

So far the local community leaders have accomplished training everyone for strict procedures in case there is community spread. Passes, etc. (It took two attempts to get the passes figured out.) In the meantime there is no community spread so the local leadership pulls back on enforcement. The local leadership does not have the authority to change the quarantine level so they just relax enforcement.

This way if covid begins to spread they can deploy the road blocks, enforce the passes and get everyone to follow the procedures more strictly in a very short period of time.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Mark K

Mark K DI Member

Ratings:
    +362 / 106
    Following on from Rye's eloquent "I don't care" post, I am getting the distinct feeling that's it's got to the stage now where the vast majority also "don't care". How many deaths have their actually been in Negros Oriental in the last 6 months from covid? I don't follow it closely. Have there been any?

Today was my first day back teaching with full face to face classes. Chatting to people I quickly realised:

Students: They don't care.
    Parents of students: They don't care
    Teachers: They don't care

Wearing masks where one won't get fined: Nobody cares
    Social distancing unless it is monitored: Nobody cares
    Curfew: Nobody cares
    Checkpoints: Nobody cares

As for me, I really don't care!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    People's attitudes change over time, get more relaxed, no corona 19 here, or we don't see or know anyone who is infected. Cancel fiesta in Bacong haha, try to tell people don't make kids anymore, would be the same. I see the kagawad go to the beach and try to enforce the rules, the reaction is people laugh or get angry at him, then yesterday the police show up, no one laugh or get angry. I use my common sense and take it seriously when I'm at public places, but I also get more relaxed, I don't know if we can go swimming or fishing, but I think so because no one stops me and I feel very safe when I'm alone at the sea or together with friends I meet as we did before corona 19 but again, I use mask always bring alcohol when I'm around, sometimes even more than one kind of it

• Like Like x 7
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Fauci gives sound advice with the known facts of the day. He is in a position that requires common sense precautions to be advised with the limited information of the day. This is not his first go around with this type of criticism. What people are saying today is almost word for word of what was being said about him during the AIDS pandemic in the 80s. People criticising him then sound just as idiotic as those criticising him today. He isn't manipulating the data, he is giving advice off of currently known data. Any data manipulation is much more likely coming from those politicians currently in power, not from a guy that has been the director of the NIAID since 1984. No matter how badly the current administration would like to blame their incompetence on him that just isn't the reality. The man has reached the top of his field for a reason and it had nothing to do with party lines. I have far more respect for him than any POS politician (regardless of political party) ever will. I think the only reason Fauci gets pushed out is because he is ready to retire (he is nearly 80 years old) or is tired of the treasonous cowards in the Democratic and Republican parties.

Scientists can change their opinions when new information is presented and confirmed to be true, sh*tbag politicians cannot change theirs. Truly disgusting human beings politicians are. If anyone is manipulating data there is a 99.999999% chance it is a f'n politician.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    I don’t care that no one cares.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The under 21 group shouldn't be restricted since there is next to zero chance of dying from COVID-19 for them. But I don't really care where anyone goes, just as I don't care where people with full blown AIDS or anyone else with a weakened immune systems goes. If they catch something that is their problem, not mine. Their disability/misfortune, their problem.

If someone lives with a high risk person then perhaps they should take extra precautions to protect their loved ones or employer, or not, I don't care, not my problem. If you have elderly parents or grandparents that live alone maybe help them out, or not, I don't care, not my problem. If an elderly person lives alone and has no family to assist them try asking the government, a church or a fraternity group for support, or not, I don't care, not my problem.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Seems that many want the young and healthy to stay indoors so they can go out and enjoy themselves. Their (the elderly) fragility, sicknesses and disabilities should not be our (people in the low risk category) burden to bear. Sure, everyone should take the basic precautions - social distancing, masks and hand washing - but that is where it should end.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The more data we gather the less scary this disease becomes...at least for those of us that aren't in high risk categories. People are reacting accordingly since most of us don't fall into these categories (the elderly and sick). If you are in one of these high risk categories (or unsure if you fall into one of them) then you shouldn't be going out. You shouldn't even know if restaurants are packed or not.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm#AgeAndSex

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It doesn't really, all of our current cases are imports. As long as they are quarantined then no fear, but that is the question? Are they effectively quarantined? Incubation what, 3 to 14 days? I guess we will find out soon enough. Praying for the best.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

prohibition failed because it was not the will of the people. so it is with the covid

• Agree Agree x 4