Dumaguete Info Search

Tourist Visa 59 Day visa Expiry

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by DiverTim, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Ozguy17

Ozguy17 Ring Ring. Who's calling?

Ratings:
    +75 / 2
    Was that your second 59 day extension after the 30 day waiver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,095 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    No it was not, I entered the country 1 yr ago after a short holiday then I had my 59 day Visa followed by a 6months then a 2 months and now a second two months and I possibly go back to UK just before the expiry of my second one, I am going to move from Cebu to Valencia at the end of this month, I would imagine and extension of a Visa only, for two months, should always be the same price no matter if it is the one after the 59 days or one after being here for a longer time as I have been. By the way I know a man that just leaves his passport at the IB and never picks it up, they do not like it but there is nothing they can do about it, personally I think they will lose it one day just to mess him about.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  3. Justice911

Justice911 DI Member Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +72 / 9
    You can also get an extension for 6 months in Cebu, but I think not in BOI of Dumaguete City.

4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Yes you can as was in duma bi earlier today and heard the girl offering a 6 month extension to someone.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    It sounds like you mean your first "2 month" extension after staying here for 59 days? If memory serves, it will be about 4,000 pesos if you jump through their hoops and refuse to pay the express fee (it is optional in Dumaguete as of my last visit 2 weeks ago) and if you pay the 1,000 express lane fee you will have your passport back the next day. If your ACR card is due to expire before the 2 months is up they may make you renew it (depends on their mood as they have done that to me before and other times they let it slide).

Future 2 month extensions are cheaper but that first one is expensive and the one at 6 months is also a bit high.

6. Ozguy17

Ratings:
    +75 / 2
    This is my second 2 month extension as i came in october on the 30 days visa free, then the extra 29 days, the 2 month with ACR card, now another 2 months without ACR.

The last 2 month visa was P6,415 including P2,228 for the ACR so that’s why i wasthinking it would be around the P4,500 mark.

7. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Its interesting how the binare working the 9a tourist visa now,before the express lane fees were cut the 2 month extension was around p3,030 and icard was p4000 and then after you had been here 6 months there was a p4000 extension fee again but no explanation why.

Now the express lane fees are back in place it seems more expensive for the same thing so was it a ploy to raise the prices?

8. Ozguy17

Ratings:
    +75 / 2
    Did my 2 month extension today and was P3,240 including express lane fee.
    There seems to be a change in policy where you now no longer pay when you submit the application (unless you’re doing the express fee).
    I was told to submit the application today, but they don’t except payment on submission of application as that was last year only. So they told me to come back and pay on friday and then pick up in a week, well due to having to travel 3 hours each way on a ceres, i opted for the express fee and they seemed very happy at that!

9. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Thats what its all about. They will love you long time.

But since you are traveling that far, why did you not opt for the 6 month visa? I asked just last week and was told they are now available in Dumaguete.

10. Ozguy17

Ratings:
    +75 / 2
    I only needed a 2 month visa as i will be heading back to Australia for work in April so wasn’t really looking for a longer one.

• Like Like x 1