Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: SRRV continued

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    If they will let you break it up into a few different banks I would go that route since the PDIC only covers P500k per account. You definitely can't put all your eggs into one basket in this country. You never know when a politician will get a wild hair up their @ss and decide a business should no longer be allowed to operate.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Exactly, that BDO is walking distance from the City Garden hotel where we stayed for the duration of obtaining SRRV. It was our first stop and we met our consultant there as we had 2 more places to visit that day for SRRV (lawyer to notarize SPA and NBI clearance by appointment) on the first day. There are 2 City Gardens, one 3 star and one 4 star. Both are excellent (we stayed at both, the 4 star when we came back to pick up the visa and it had a better restaurant). All are near the Trump Tower. We stayed there the whole week, not in any rush, seeing about 2 agencies per day (no more due to traffic); your consultant helps you get through the lines. We went out on the town at night. Grab is your friend! Actually we remember it as an enjoyable trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Pompolino

Pompolino DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +404 / 53
    Likewise I used BDO in Makati and they were excellent. It was a specific branch (near the offices of PRA) called Pacific Star and the staff knew exactly what was to happen and directed me accordingly. I am not from the US and didn't have another US$ account so needed to open a second bank account to receive the interest payments. When every 3 years it is time for renewal I simply top up the second account and then draw sufficient to meet the charges for that renewal charge.

• Informative Informative x 2