Event Best Posts in Thread: Suspected killer arrested

1. Glendazumba

Glendazumba DI Forum Adept

teaching
    Ratings:
    +729 / 36
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Finally! Only 7 months after the shooting and killing of a councilor in Bayawan, the suspected triggerman is arrested. The arrest was made possible because friends and the family of the victim & people of authority have formed a special group to make a thorough follow up of the case. The special task force is named after the victim, the late Councilor Tizon.

Now that they have the suspected gunman, the next thing the authorities need to do is to make this guy sing. Who hired him to do the job? Etc

Oopsie—-I shared the link of the story but FB seemed to have removed it.. I will try again.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    We must presume his innocence until proven guilty. But if he is associated with this crime then I hope it can be followed up and the 'top guys/girls(?)' also caught.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    Is this from the Prosecutor's Office or chismus?

I thought the test of evidence was in a Court (although whatever the equivalent is here to the prosecution service may make a decision as to the likelihood of conviction based on the evidence they have, but surely that stage has not been reached yet).

I can understand that the police will interrogate him and try to find links but the test of guilt is yet to come (some people confess even though innocent, so I don't really accept confessions as proof of guilt until examined in a decent court of law).

Hope he gets his fair trial and that if guilty he receives an appropriate punishment.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Glendazumba

Glendazumba DI Forum Adept

teaching
    Ratings:
    +729 / 36
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    There are witnesses and evidence is strong that he is the gunman although his motive is not yet determined. People are saying this 30-year-old trigger guy does not have any reason to kill Councilor Tizon. They do not know each other in fact. So he must have done it for some other reason.

• Informative Informative x 2