Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Any NEW Movies Seen lately OR Old Cool Movies

1. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,149 / 335
    I often watch old movies as i grow tired of the same old, same old fodder always featuring an ex seal or SAS who is unstoppable, bullet proof and has the ability to procure fake documents and military grade equipment in any country they me be in.
    Last night i watched the original Cape Fear 1962 black and white with Robert Mitchum and Gregory Peck, great movie.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,586 / 1,017
    Not a lot of new good Netflix so watching some good old ones this week. ‘The Usual Suspects’ tonight rerun. Very good

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,483 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Those of you who like great foreign films of an earlier era, Two I can recommend are "Jean de Florette" and the sequel
    "Manon of the Spring" a great character study taking place in Provencial France of the 1960s

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,483 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    You should try "Missouri Breaks" with Brando playing a crazy sharpshooting bounty hunter, trying to kill Jack Nicholson..... that was one of his best

• Like Like x 2
  5. LENNY

LENNY DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +166 / 17
    COMEDY "BEDAZZELD"" GREAT

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Nightowl2

Nightowl2 DI Junior Member Veteran ✤✤Forum Sponsor✤✤ Forum Sponsor Navy

Ratings:
    +18 / 2
    I stumbled onto a series about a month ago, mainly out of boredom and the rain I gave it a shot. If you are a fan of Law and Order - SUV you will recognize the main character. I highly recommend the show, it is called Happy!

• Like Like x 1
  7. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,876 / 1,030
    Blood Type:
    A+
    A good one that I remember about cool films...Cool hand Luke. Casting Paul Newman, eats 50 hard boiled eggs in 1 hour. Legend.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +2,024 / 1,093
    I was waiting for another's opinion. Glad you enjoyed it. I found the acting, editing, music, and originality of the entire Movie to be simply outstanding and in a class of it's own.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2023
  9. Senjenbing

Senjenbing DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines Navy

Milliways - at the end of time and matter
    Ratings:
    +455 / 199
    Watched it last night. Great movie. Thanks for the reco

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +2,024 / 1,093
    What's Old can become New again. Would like to revive this thread to now include (Any NEW Movies Seen lately you enjoyed?)

I watched a Movie on a streaming site called (Sisu) Wow!!!! A Goldminer back in 1944 being hunted by NAZI's. This is a watch more than once IMHO.

• Agree Agree x 2