Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: new inspection law

1. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Been at Hi Point smoke test center today, was there 5.20 am was number 6 in the motorbike line, out 7 am, cost 1400 pesos, they text me when I can pick up the paper, they process the paper, it's included in the 1400 pesos, dirt cheap for registration and insurance

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. mangoman

mangoman DI Junior Member Infamous

Ratings:
    +125 / 4
    yes 4000p is a bit expensive... because my scoot was in storage for two years and when i took it to an emissions testing center (ETC) this year... i paid somewhere around 12-1300p total for everything which included the smog check + a "processing service" fee which paid for an ETC employee to go to the LTO... submit all of the required documents and to bring my plate tag back to the ETC... and then about a week or so later they called me to get my plate tag... however if you decide to NOT pay the "processing service" fee to the ETC and instead opt to take your scoot to the LTO... and process your documents and get your plate tag yourself... then something "peculiar" occurs... because now the LTO will require you to get a "mechanical inspection" done at their inspection center on the right side of the LTO... which includes checking your horn, headlights, turn signals, brake lights, etc... a simple inspection indeed... but nonetheless an inspection that is not done if the ETC goes to the LTO for you... so i'm of the opinion if you plan to return in less than 2 years... perhaps it's best to wait until you return to the PI and pay the ETC in-person to handle everything for you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

i am not sure i have been involved with any government system that is consistent or efficient. its all just a joke

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    If parts can still be found and it still runs without spewing out black smoke then I see no need to sell it. Enforcement on this new law will be like enforcement of every other law here. Nothing to get excited or worried about.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    so sorry if i am the last one to know this, but there is a new inspection law for vehicles going into effect next year. two places for inspections in dgt area, one near robinson mall and one a block north of ace hospital.

a quick read was that inspection will include exhaust systems, brake systems, all lights, springs and spring shackles, wipers, and on and on.

vehicle emissions sites will be losed and emissions will also be done at these TWO stations

any comments? the newest parts on my jeep are last made in 1985. time to sell?

• Informative Informative x 3
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    That is excessive. Do you have someone here to take it to the smoke shop for you?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Follow the lead of the MacArthur era Sugar Cane trucks, I'm sure all of their systems all work, they just have a special switch to turn of rear lights and only use one headlight at a time if at all. I don't even want to get into the other areas of concern.

This is going to be a mess, but maybe some agencies will pop up to do it for you, only two Stations for the entire Province? Yeah, that works. I remember all of the motorbikes from all over in the emission centers this year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    The issue is what do they do with the 90% that won't pass the test.. There isn't a big enough parking lot in town for that.. And if they are not going to confiscate vehicles until the owner proves he is going to have it fixed and verified there is no point even testing.. if you believe in the honor system i am selling cars that run on salt water.. if you would be interested to buy one..Joke only.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1