Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Help for Vets who did not file taxes and the EIP

1. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Hope this works, But I got this in my VA Notifications today. Might help some Vets.

To help non-filers, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has set Nov. 10 as a National Economic Impact Payment (EIP) Registration Day.

Who is Eligible
    Veterans with little or no income and non-filers may be eligible to receive an Economic Impact Payment.

“National EIP Registration Day” will take place just a few days ahead of the extended Nov. 21 registration deadline.

How to Apply
    Economic Impact Payments-Non-Filers can still get one, but they must act by Nov. 21. Veterans can qualify for a payment, even if they don’t work or have no earned income.

The IRS has already sent nearly 9 million letters to people who may be eligible for the $1,200 Economic Impact Payments but don’t normally file a tax return. The letters, along with the special Nov. 10 event, urge people to use the Non-Filers: Enter Info Here tool, available exclusively on IRS.gov.

Since the Non-Filers tool launched in the spring, over 8 million people who normally aren’t required to file a tax return have registered for the payments. The IRS continues to work to reach others who haven’t used the tool yet, which led to the special mailing and the special Nov. 10 registration event.

What to Expect
    Anyone using the Non-Filers tool can speed the arrival of their payment by choosing to receive it by direct deposit. Those not choosing this option will get a check. Beginning two weeks after they register, people can track the status of their payment using the Get My Payment tool, available only on IRS.gov.

More Information
    Taxpayers may find answers to many of their questions using the Interactive Tax Assistant (ITA), a tax law resource that works using a series of questions and responses. IRS.gov has answers for Frequently Asked Questions.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1