Dumaguete Info Search

How to Best Posts in Thread: Txt message to Scotland.

1. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    This web page is helpful
    https://www.howtocallabroad.com/qa/texting.html

• Like Like x 5
  2. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    Lo and behold i spoke too soon.. Smart messaged me back and said they put a ticket in to PLDT and was answered that my txt messages were being blocked as SPAM as the area codes were unfamiliar. They said to try again which i did. Txt messages went thru on my prepaid Globe SIM and my prepaid Smart card..15 peso's a txt which is cheaper than International calls i believe..

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Tried it with my phone, which is 2019 top tier model and had an LTE connection (the fastest connection available). It went through when I used my US SIM/number but failed with the Globe SIM/network. It is a problem with the local providers that is unlikely to be resolved at the user level.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Genius Genius x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    My phone does not have a physical SIM card, it is a digital SIM built in to the phone, and the number is a US number, not a local one. What my text showed was that his brother can receive international texts from a US provider (that is using Philippine service providers to deliver that text). I can send a text through my Globe SIM to see if that works. If it does it is likely Andiflip's phone or SIM that is the issue.

Let me know if your brother received the text from my Philippines number. If he received it you will likely need to buy a new sim card.

Curious, have you updated your SIM in the last few years? Older SIM cards are not LTE capable, that could be an issue...or not.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Now that we are on page three of this saga, can I ask andiflip has he tried contacting his brother by way of another person's phone?
    Surely if he does that and it works......what would that tell you? I do hope this text message ain't urgent, but as a last resort maybe his brother should join Dumagueteinfo....just a thought.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,376 / 1,261
    There are a couple of things you could try so you better understand the problem.

Send a test text using someone else's globe phone. If that works stick your sim in that phone and try it again.

If it turns out to be a problem with your phone try deleting the contact and re-entering it.
    Send a text from a smart (sim) phone.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    No 0 in use, + in front of country code then the number. Denmark's country code is +045, only +45 will works for you

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1