Dumaguete Info Search

Home & Garden Best Posts in Thread: IKEA...

1. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    I bought a lot of IKEA stuff when i lived in Oman ( Muscat). it was a good price and fairly durable, end tables, coffee tables, dresser drawers, cupboards etc.. It is mainly made out of particle board, looks good and fairly long lasting but that's in an aircon or low humidity environment. When we moved back here with some of it it fell apart due to the humidity, the plastic finishes delaminated, the screws pulled out or rusted out.. within a year...

• Informative Informative x 4
  2. DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,095 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    When it comes to flatpack self build furniture, Ikea have it spot on they are the very best at it, their instructions are clear and concise a picture guide for each step, the quality of fixings are the best I have handled. I have done a lot of flat pack in my time and mostly they are a hassle, my most recent experience a few years ago with 2 Wardrobes from Lea Plaza was a disaster I had to drill 20 holes in each of them that were not even marked even the Door hinges had no predetermined marks for the placement of them, have no fear of Ikea stuff even a self confessed Eejit like yourself haha, will manage fine.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Chriscraft

Chriscraft DI Member

Retired digital nomad
    Ratings:
    +77 / 15
    • Informative Informative x 3
  4. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I assume a top International company with stores in 57 countries and 12 more planned, will have thought about climate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1