Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Nov. 24 and 25 - Dumaguete Road Blocks

1. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,096 / 332
    The noise problem is a tricky one, to try and fight their noise with your own bigger noise then you just end up with a lot of noise all the time.
    You can complain about it to whoever but it definitely will not stop and if anything will get worse.
    You can give up and move to a quiet area but will it stay quiet ? who knows what will eventually move in close by and the noise can travel a long way.
    My solution would be to buy the biggest most remote lot you can find/afford and build your house in the dead centre so you are as far away from any potential neighbours as possible, still not fool proof though, as i said sound travels a long way.
    Luckily where we live is reasonably quiet but almost everyday i can hear in the distance music which must be horrendously loud for the people closer to it and i just think there but for the grace of god.....

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,854 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Knob-heads at the back of me, Got their boom-box cranked up as loud as thunder even we don't live in Dumaguete. 3rd day now. Wish they would shut the f'ck up.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Bruce

Bruce DI Member Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +172 / 10
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I once had this problem, the neighbour's helpers during day time. Owner although a nice guy would not listen to me, I played loud Opera music to drown their boom boom. At some early hour of the next morning very large rocks were bouncing of my roof, he'll of a shock, went on for 30 minutes.As a high concrete wall impossible to know who behind it.

Point I make is does one escalate the situation, tolerate or move. Barangay an Police totally uninterested.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,150 / 230
    Or live on a boat......seriously Jim if a move is affordable, that may well be the only answer. Good luck matey.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    An 'ear for an ear' - good idea but for the fact of double standards. What seems perfectly acceptable for how a Filipino citizen behaves can land a foreigner with fine/jail/deportation.

My solution? Set up the loud blast coming from outside someone else's house!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. NowandThen

NowandThen DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +353 / 87
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    A friend of mine in Davao made his bedroom soundproof. Wasn't cheap. Because the triple pane soundproof windows he had to import from abroad. For the wall and ceiling insulation he found a local company. But according to him it was worth everey penny. Because whenever all hell breaks loose outside he now withdraws to his oasis of calm. Lucky where we live in Valencia it is not too noisy (just now still in Europe[emoji22]) but if ever this would change I would for sure considering the same solution as my friend in Davao.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,096 / 332
    We went through the checkpoint heading into town across from Hypermart yesterday morning and returned in the PM, 6 or 7 guys in uniform under the tent not doing anything remotely like a checkpoint should do.
    About 100 mt away from them was a gang of 10 or 12 kids running around, under the age that should be out, no facemasks and no distance .
    Would these checkpoint people not be better employed policing the rules ?
    But i am just a STRICT foreigner , what do i know :bag:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,150 / 230
    Try this idea Jim......buy ear muffs for the family wait till the troublemakers decide to rest and blast out the loudest marching music you can find or just set the volume max and go for a weekend away.....just a thought. Good luck mate

• Like Like x 2
  9. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.

• Informative Informative x 2