Vehicles & Servicing Best Posts in Thread: Mitsubishi Mechanic / Technician

1. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Toto Auto Shop on the left just before the Airport turning coming from the city. Toto is an excellent and honest mechanic.... many recommend him. He did excellent work on my Mitsubishi Pajero (older model) and didn't charge like a wounded bull. Screenshot_20201127_213217.jpg Screenshot_20201127_213235.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Perhaps the 42K included the cost of replacing the cam belt which is a per Km requirement. Dont replace it? Bang!, very expensive when the valves bounce off the tops of the pistons.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    That happened to my used car, only had it a week and cam belt went. I meant to have it replaced but never got round to having it done.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    On the other hand dodgy garages and other trades have been known to unnecessarily replace working parts or, more usually, charge for parts they have not replaced - more than one dentist in the UK has done fillings, extractions, crowns etc when not required (they get 'struck off' and move abroad to con more people) and also garages have been caught out by Consumer organisations marking parts to see what was actually replaced. The trick is they keep old parts from previous work and show them if the customer asks to check - I assume they also clean up the part they said they had replaced.

I had a heating engineer replace a fan on my central heating boiler and return the next day when it was still not working well and tell me the motor now needs replacing. He 'explained' it as they both went wrong at the same time - possible but unlikely. I think it was just the motor and his incompetence. He then refused to do any more work for me as he told his boss that I am there when he does repairs and he doesn't like it. I'm sure he didn't!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Agree about Toto being honest to the point I sometimes had to remind him of things he still needs to bill me for. But I’m not sure I’d bring a (relatively) new car there. Don’t even know if they can read out any error codes from cars that have this kind of stuff... but for anything older than 10 years, highly recommended.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    Getting service outside the dealership, doesn't that void the warranty? However, this fellow, find his profile on Facebook, is known to me to have been a Mitsubishi mechanic: Rene Catan Banatanto

• Like Like x 1