Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: La Planta Hotel in Bais ?

1. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    There are plenty of hotels in and around Dumaguete that are nice to stay at and can arrange for your whale/dolphin tour. They will provide transportation to and from and some also offer a lunch as part of the price. When you email the hotel inquire, you might be pleasantly surprised.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    The part of the slogan they forgot to print

It is more fun in the Philippines, but sometimes it is just not easy or convenient.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Rodneyemr

Rodneyemr DI Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    La Planta

I have stayed there several times as is it the best of your limited options in Bais. The building is nice, the pool is great, the staff and owners are wonderful, but the rooms leave a lot to be desired. They have no matrimonial rooms available. Every room has two twin beds. And in my experience, those are so uncomfortable, I had to put the mattress on the floor.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. permres

permres DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Yep, it is actually owned by some of my family. The La Planta sits where the old power plant of Bais used to be (hence the name, La Planta). It is nice and quiet, wouldn't call it 4 or 5 star, but usually clean and not busy. They have a nice pool for cooling off. Restaurant is convenient, but we have found that they don't usually have available everything that is offered in their menu, but such is life in the Philippines!! You must also take one of the whale/dolphin watching excursions while there. Enjoy your visit!!

• Informative Informative x 2