Dumaguete Info Search

Passport Question Best Posts in Thread: US dollar Demand Draft for US Embassy Manila - Urgent

1. Sedona

Sedona DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +673 / 102
    I just renewed my US passport last Dec. I do not have an account at BDO, but my wife does. She purchased the bank draft payable to the US Embassy in her name using her account (you have to use US dollars to purchase the bank draft with). No problems.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    United States Embassy Manila, Philippines

United States Consular Agency Cebu, Philippines

January 19, 2021

Virtual Town Hall for U.S. Citizens in the Philippines: Passport Renewal Procedures

Do you have questions about renewing your U.S. passport as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to limit travel and gatherings? Do you know if you are eligible to renew your U.S. passport by mail?

Join us for a virtual town hall to answer these and other questions about renewing your U.S. passport on Tuesday, January 26, 2021, from 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm Manila time.

Hosted by the Embassy’s American Citizen Services (ACS) Unit, this virtual town hall is open to all U.S. citizens in the Philippines. If you wish to participate, please RSVP using this form. We will email log-in details to confirmed attendees no later than January 25, 2021.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    From their point of view they need to 1) confirm your identity and 2) collect fees.

1) They will use your passport to confirm your identity.

2) The demand draft is only about paying the fees. It will not matter who paid them.

I do not think you will have any issues with a demand draft in someone else's name.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,376 / 1,261
    I believe a bank draft is as good as cash so it shouldn't matter who buys the draft. (my opinion)

• Like Like x 2