Government & Education Best Posts in Thread: LTO BS alert

1. hawk263

hawk263 DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Army

Retired
    Ratings:
    +489 / 81
    Blood Type:
    A+
    We our two bikes at High Point, on the N Hwy in Daro last month. They did the whole deal - smoke test, renewal, insurance - took 3 days to get the docs back.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    Similar experience with vehicle registration. Almost empty. Now does seem to be the time to go for anything you've been holding off.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +577 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I was there a few days before the dress code went into effect (they wanred me that neext time I had to dress "properly" to enter.) But the place was empty even pre-dress code. I finally received my plastic license after having a Philippine license since Oct, 2016. When I moved here in 2016 I got one of the last of the 3-year licenses and, of course, "Sorry, sir. No stock of plastic license blanks." For the entire 3-year period I never had it timed right where they had stock, so drove on the receipt. When I renewed, it was for the new 5-year license and, of course, "Sorry, sir. No stock of plastic license blanks." Then COVID hit and I didn't even try. I drove a foreigner friend there at the end of December to get his PI license so figured I would try again for plastic. GOT IT! Less than an hour! Seats were empty!

• Informative Informative x 3
  4. justjone

justjone DI Junior Member Blood Donor

Mechanical Design Engineer
    Ratings:
    +29 / 17
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Yup got turned away yesterday, went back today in jeans no problem. As always just try and try again

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. koolaukid

koolaukid DI Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 3
    1,500P for smoke test, insurance and registration at Hi Point. Thank you.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    Best Answer
    You'll need the valid insurance docs (the brokers usually provide a copy for LTO), original registration document and last year's receipt (OR & CR). If you go to the emissions testing centre on the by-pass road, up from the port, in the afternoon, always empty. They will also give you stencils of the engine and chassis number (if they don't ask, but they did ours without asking last time). Go to the right side of LTO for a 'safety check' (usually consists of a non-communicative guy checking your documents, filling in an inspection form and stamping without going anywhere near your vehicle. Then go inside and hand all docs to person in the booth near the door. That person will normally give them a cursory glance and then either give to the cashier, or ask you to. Wait for cashier to call you to pay. Cashier will pass everything to issuing clerk, who will call you to collect.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,131 / 335
    More bullsh1t
    Heads up for anybody that has reason to go to the LTO, as of the start of this year they are enforcing a dress code.....
    Yes it means long trousers to renew your driving license or anything else you might want to do there .

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. Best Answer:
    Post #15 by Always a Poppy, Feb 11, 2021 (5 points)