Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Law on car seats for under 13s

1. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    Has been clarified not required for kids over 4' 11''.....but how inane when you see 2/3 kids with parents on a motorcycle every day.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,105 / 333
    When i first came here over 10 years ago i first thought that the way people used the roads was dangerous because they were uneducated of the dangers but over the years i now think it is because most but not all of the road users are ignorant selfish c*nts.
    Why do i need lights on, i can see where I'm going..
    Why do i need to use direction indicators, i know where I'm going..
    Why is that stupid foreigner horning me for driving at 5 klm/hr in the middle of the road, I'm not in a hurry...
    The list is endless...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Had a car seat since our son was born, they make them according to size and we are on our 2nd one and about to buy a third that uses the new attachment Isofix (in late model cars only) anchored into the seat instead of a seatbelt. Not only does it protect the child it provides peace of mind for the driver with the little urchin safely strapped in. When they get bigger the seat will adjust into a "booster seat" which allows the seatbelt to be used properly on a small one

https://www.topgear.com.ph/news/motoring-news/child-car-seats-law-philippines-a2584-20190317-lfrm

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. hawk263

hawk263 DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Army

Retired
    Ratings:
    +488 / 81
    Blood Type:
    A+
    All this is fine in theory, but there are thousands of families here living from 'hand to mouth' - for many, it's either comply with the law or eat.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Almost collided with a motor-cyclist yesterday. Silly bugger was waiting on the left side sidewalk at Robinson opposite the exit near Go hotel. Good job I was alert the idiot drove off in front of me to do a u-turn as I was about 4-5 foot in front off him,I managed to stop (just) must have been an inch from hitting him.
    Not sure if he understood what I yelled at him but it began with F. And told him to look before moving off

• Like Like x 3
  6. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,105 / 333
    Officially measured my wife today 4'9"
    Told her i will get her a car seat, not happy, wants high heels instead :woot:

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Dutchjob

Dutchjob DI Member

Fulltime Gago, part time manager
    Ratings:
    +227 / 39
    If i got a php every time i heard this argument here, i could buy a nice car plus baby chair...

So many take out a loan, based on money being send by a relative abroad and leaving no money to buy baby food....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'm sure many people are taking out car loans at extremely high interest rates (by western standards). I would guess that, just like in the West, most can't afford much else other than their current bills. Just because you have a higher standard of living doesn't mean that you are financially responsible and have more disposable income.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'm not sure about that. I've seen some of these drivers short circuit and buffer when forced to process too much data (holding a hand out while checking for traffic and their opening to turn, hitting the brakes, turning and then accelerating in quick succession is just too much for their single core processor to handle and on more than one occasion I've seen them nearly forget to put their leg down when they came to a stop). Many seem to be operating on out of date hardware and software. It isn't arrogance, 5kph is just their maximum operating speed.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    I never knew tyres had canvas in them till I arrived in Philippines, I remain amazed how Jeepney's are allowed to still operate like that.
    Here's a tip; Always check the tyres before you hitch a ride. Poverty should never be an excuse for endangering the lives of your family or passengers.
    Its the nearest I've been to extreme sports....at my age I dont intend to be flying without wings. LOL

• Agree Agree x 2