BoI Info Best Posts in Thread: NEW rules on ENTRY of FOREIGNERS

1. Mom Miriam

Mom Miriam DI Member

Pandemic-Surviving Oma
    Ratings:
    +209 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I was checking out for kin the latest BOI Advisory after PH reimposed a temporary ban against foreigner entry beginning March 22 until April 21 and the IATF ordered reduction in number of inbound international travelers to 1,500 a day at each international airport.

There is no lifting amendment but there is a reiteration in today's Press Release, posted at https://immigration.gov.ph/images/News/2021_Yr/04_Apr/2021Apr07_Press.pdf, clarifying that the Balikbayan privilege allowing visa-free entry of foreign immediate kin remains suspended, so that the foreign parent, the foreign spouse, and the foreign childen of Filipinos each must secure a valid visa from a PH foreign post abroad to be able to enter the Philippines.

It is
    further clarified that, even with a valid Philippine visa, the foreign parent, the foreign spouse, and the foreign children of Filipino citizens still cannot enter the Philippines if they are traveling unaccompanied by the Filipino immediate kin.

It was confirmed that, a Filipino's foreign child who is a minor (below 18 years old) and who is travelling unaccompanied by his adult Filipino immediate kin or alone with airline assistance, can enter Philippines if he is holding a valid Philippine passport. At this time, pre-arranged airline assistance for the minor all the way to the arrival greeters' area is very important because MIAA issuance of a Meet & Assist Access Pass ID, that allows a non-passenger kin airport entry up to the arrival baggage claim or immigration clearance area, continues to be suspended due to the CoViD-19 situation.

It was also confirmed that a foreign parent or a foreign spouse travelling with a Filipino's foreign child, even though both are unaccompanied by the Filipino immediate kin, can be considered to enter the Philippines if his accompanying foreign child holds a valid Philippine passport.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Yes! If you are a person described as an 'alien' in the Philippines you are second (or lower) class - and don't forget it! If you are a Filipino in many countries of the World (there are exceptions, of course) you are not called an alien as these civilized countries avoid using derogatory terms for their guests and Filipinos are treated as equal or, in many cases (by law), as superior.

Notmyrealname
    This message by Notmyrealname has been hidden. This message may be off-topic or have violated forum rules. (Show message)
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Off-Topic Off-Topic x 1
  3. Mom Miriam

Mom Miriam DI Member

Pandemic-Surviving Oma
    Ratings:
    +209 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It simply means that, if you had left your Filipino family and PH before or after 0001H March 22, 2021, you must wait until after 2359H April 21, 2021 to be able to reenter PH, if you have a valid visa.

Should an emergency situation occur in your Filipino family that requires your immediate return to PH before2359H April 21, 2021, then you may write a request for humanitarian consideration to the NTF COVID-19 Chairperson or his duly authorized representative pursuant to Rule B.1.b.v of IATF Resolution No. 103 (March 18, 2021). This option has also been made known thru the media.

By the way, Philippine Air Lines sought clarification and it was confirmed that only the foreign spouse of a Filipino citizen whose marriage is in accordance with provisions of the Family Code of the Philippines shall be allowed entry as an exception. Further, foreign adopted child/ren of Filipino citizens are included among the exception.

There is really no need to try to fathom out or make sense of any country's rules if you are not its citizen. In the same way that Our Maker's thoughts and ways are higher than that of all peoples', so are governing authorities' policy thoughts and ways higher than that of constituents'. Either you follow the rule or you do not follow it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  4. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I don't understand all of this, but the information may be of use to any ex-pat currently outside the Philippines who reads this Forum (I quoted the article in full):

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, February 28) — The Bureau of Immigration announced on Sunday that foreign nationals with expired reentry permits or special return certificates, but whose visas are still valid, are now allowed to enter the country upon payment of required fees at the airport.

BI Commissioner Jaime Morente said the new rules will apply to foreigners with immigrant and non-immigrant visas who are coming back to the Philippines after being stranded abroad due to COVID-19 restrictions.

"Many of these foreign nationals have already expired RPs and SRCs, and the new procedure will allow them to renew this at the airport upon arrival," Morente said.

A reentry permit is issued to an immigrant visa holder, who is a permanent resident in the Philippines, while the special return certificate is obtained by a non-immigrant such as holders of 9(g) working visa and 9(f) student visa.

Foreigners will be required to show official receipts of their reentry permit fees to the immigration officer upon arrival.

The BI chief added that the new rules were adopted on orders of Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    Many of us not having 13a. will be exiting sooner or later. This is an extremely relevant and valuable thread. I have no problems traveling to other Asian Countries as I have no plans what so ever to return to the West. When I exit I hope to take my Asawa to Thailand, or Bangkok, Singapore, or Vietnam and need to know if and when we return all the hoops and bases that need to get covered.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Enough about religion and unrelated posts. Someone can mark my off-topic posts as off-topic as well, can't rate my own posts.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Mike_Haddon

Mike_Haddon DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +305 / 31
    I'd recently been pondering the Filipino tendency to believe that God will provide, no matter what. This philosophy has been particularly visible in the pandemic. The downside of this of course is that it's often used as an excuse for poor decision making to be acceptable, or at least, accepted. The positive is that those who truly believe it, don't care what others think anyway and must have a level of inner peace that we all wish we had.

Language is just sounds. I'm sure there must be many utterances that 'foreigners/aliens' make that Filipinos find on the verge of insulting or belligerent. It's just an inevitable cultural difference thing.

Mike_Haddon
    This message by Mike_Haddon has been hidden. This message may be off-topic or have violated forum rules. (Show message)
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. Mom Miriam

Mom Miriam DI Member

Pandemic-Surviving Oma
    Ratings:
    +209 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Yes or maybe, the Father's will be done. Having a profound sense of how one’s days are numbered and of how the unknown end comes unexpectedly with everything to be left behind, I think Filipinos will remain a nation poor in spirit, content if they have safe shelter and enough food and clothing. In much the same way that apostle Paul testified in Philippians 4:11-13, Filipino Christians have learned how to be content with whatever they have, resilient throughout conquest, colonization, war, invasion, disaster, or pandemic. They know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. They have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether on a full stomach or an empty one, with plenty or with little. And the secret is faith in Christ who strengthens and provides to sinner or saint alike, in good time.

"Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth."

Mom Miriam
    This message by Mom Miriam has been hidden. This message may be off-topic or have violated forum rules. (Show message)
    • Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  9. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    It does not need to make sense,, as long as you obey and they can change the rules to suit themselves against us infidels.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,101 / 333
    Who does ?
    I really don't think we are supposed to :bag:

• Agree Agree x 3