Dumaguete Info Search

Utilities & Mobile Best Posts in Thread: Brownouts

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It needs to be done. It is a bit unfair to complain about the shitty infrastructure and then turn around and complain when they are improving it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,854 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Sorry for the funny. The other day I got up at 3 am to watch my team Manchester City VS PSG. The last 15 minuets of the game a brown-out, by the time the power came back on the game had ended. Anyhow we won and through to the European cup final.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    If you start a sentence off with "are you saying" or "so you are saying" the answer is almost always no, that is not what the person meant or was saying. I won't waste my time clarifying as the statement made was very concise, any additional meaning you took from it is a complete figment of your imagination.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I believe the main lines are NGCP, distribution is NORECO. I don't believe NORECO has much say over what NGCP does.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    What I complain loudly about is not the program to upgrade poles, it's the planning, priorities and management of the system. I will bet a restaurant lunch that NO pole or tower carrying the 69KV primary north-south cable is still made of wood, i bet that the problem is that NORECO shuts down power everywhere (BLACKout), because the disconnect switches are either non-existent or maintained so poorly that they are untrustworthy. Thus inconveniencing several hundred thousand customers.

If the distribution system beyond the 69KV grid were correct, the section containing the wooden poles would have disconnect switches installed, and NORECO would only inconvenience a few thousand per day. The PRIORITY should be the distribution system, not the remaining poles. In order to collect the lunch, the challenger must meet me at the pole, bring along a NORECO engineer, and provide me with a drawing of the distribution system (some blog or customer rant or supposed noreco email on the internet is NOT proof)... K ?????

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. foobar

foobar DI Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 5
    Yep. Planned improvements are one thing. Random breakages are different.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Senjenbing

Senjenbing DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines Navy

Milliways - at the end of time and matter
    Ratings:
    +416 / 198
    Maybe the forum should set up an award system. Then when Noreco achieve the stated level of incompetence the award could be sent to them - then see if they publish that one

• Genius Genius x 2
  8. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    - There are so many brown outs as every time they need to fix a downed pole or a Rat gets electrocuted and all the other in between fix's..... cutting power is the safe avenue here.....that way they can do the fix and log into FaceBook at the same time.
    - The term brownout comes from the dimming of incandescent lighting when the voltage reduces. A voltage reduction may be an effect of disruption of an electrical grid, or may occasionally be imposed in an effort to reduce load and prevent a power outage, known as a blackout.
    This leaves the 2 definitions witch is "brown out" and "black out" As this is the Philippines, one of the 2 by default is "out of stock"......... hence no Black out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1