Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Hospitals Nearing Capacity

1. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Rye you have a endearing way with words and speak with such passion.
    I wonder what your own life expectancy might be?
    I thank God for the Doctors and Nurses on the front line in every Country, along with the many people who have survived lifes traumas.
    I also gain wisdom and knowledge from others experiences, below an extract from Word for Today UCB.
    Screenshot_2021-05-21 United Christian Broadcasters Christian Media Charity.png

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: May 21, 2021
  2. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Here is a FB post showing the remaining hospital capacity. They are filling up.

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. Sedona

Sedona DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +673 / 102
    They might as well keep 100%, the amount of vaccine they have is such a tiny drop in the bucket compared to what is needed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. SkipJack

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Hypocrites!

The National government overruled the provinces regarding 14 day quarantine for travel between the provinces.

Now, having made sure that the provinces have the more infectious variants and that their case numbers are greatly increasing, the national government is going to prioritize the NCR area with 90% of the vaccines.

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/nati...culate-200k-daily-octa/ar-BB1gTnBc?li=BBr8RiR

• Like Like x 2
  5. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    The electorate swung to the right by electing more Tory candidates in most classes of elections (not a General Election but one 'safe' Labour by-election seat went Conservative).

There seems to be a swing to the right in many countries - or sometimes just to the incumbent party as a sort of 'thank you' for their Covid program (in the UK the governing party f*cked it up, except for the vaccination roll-out). I think the UK electorate has no idea how they are going to suffer in the next few years by giving Boris more power. I cannot think of another democratic country where the electorate entertained a buffoon as its leader - well, of course I can, but I don't want to upset anyone.

"I'll probably regret asking and won't care" - Yes? :smile:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Voters have the government they deserve. Do you think they will learn from these mistakes and make wiser decisions come election time?

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Sedona

Sedona DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +673 / 102
    Pitifully poor vaccination efforts ... too little, too late. In the WorldWide Covid tracker ranking of countries by vaccination level, out of 200 countries ranked, the Philippines was in 156th place - right next to Namibia and Syria.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. SkipJack

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Wow a 63% jump in Dumaguete in only two days. Yes there are other factors but even if it is half this much the significant bump may show us that the contact tracing and isolation resources have been overwhelmed.

The contact tracing and isolation efforts had a significant impact on keeping the rate of spread down. Once these efforts are overwhelmed the rate of spread will increase.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    Well, one big jump to 565 and the variants are here.
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    We are OK. Active cases are up to 387, highest it has been, which may indicate the variants may be here. I got no response when I asked if any have been genome sequenced, so I assume none have. We can convert beds to ICU beds, but the good news is none of the 13 ventilators are in use. Expect a few day lag even if it gives a date.
    upload_2021-5-4_21-12-22.png

• Informative Informative x 2