Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Negorense Ornamental Plant Vendor Association (NOPVA)

1. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    Probably the same plant but sellers using different names. There is also 'King Angel', which I was told is the male version and has larger white flowers.

A good resource is: www.philippinegarden.net.

This is very interesting: https://myphilippinelife.com/philippine-trees-and-garden-flowers/

I have photos of flowering plants I had previously but cannot find them!

This is one of a sunbird on a tall White Angel (flowers not shown) - attracting birds and other fauna is a further advantage of growing flowering plants.

Sunbird.PNG

• Like Like x 4
  2. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    If you like looking at or buying plants. There are quite a few different types here.

Negorense Ornamental Plant Vendor Association (NOPVA) at the Sidlakang Negros Village in Piapi. Near Daro market.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,367 / 1,258
    My wife has the bougainvillea in large pots (about 15 liters), she says direct sunlight is best. She plans to graft some of the different coloured branches to make a rainbow . plant.
    Some plants like a Manalo (massive giant leafy thing) are from the juggle and demand shade. We had a beautiful one. After two days in the sun it almost died. It took a year to recover.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,367 / 1,258
    She buys dirt that is fairly dark in colour, nothing special in my uneducated opinion. She does collect cow manure from the road and mixes that in.
    We had some small palm trees that did do much of anything for a few years. She stated putting the dog turd from our yard on top of the soil at the base of the palm trees. They liked the fertilizer and real started to grow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    White Angel is a really nice plant, but I suspect your wife already knows it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1