Best Posts in Thread: Misc. Covid, Vaxx, etc,

1. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Might be age related with Sinovac as as a more mature member at 74 I had fatigue and a few headaches on day 2 after my second Sinovac... feel fine now. Think another third shot of Sinovac (or better still a higher quality vaccine) within 3 months might finally really kick those antibodies into business!

• Like Like x 8
  2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    My son in Austin Texas and my grandson there had Covid. Both healthy and fit. My son also had his prostate removed, unrelated. I am not sure if age is as big of a concern as believed. Old and weak will die of something, sooner or later. Keeping us locked up and alcohol free is not healthy or helpful.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Genius Genius x 1
  3. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I ask for a booster with Johnson and Johnson in Bacong, already got Sinovac, the answer was no, not all are vaccinated yet, I understand and respect that

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Perhaps I misunderstand you, but why are "at risk people" not able to be sheltered?

And the Delta variant is now affecting the young much more than other variants - if people think Delta is the final variant then I think they will soon be proved wrong. I hope not, but the potential for Covid to become an illness of the young (where it could potentially cause serious illness) is present and so no age group should be thinking in terms of letting other age groups die.

I don't care how 'pointless' some people think the elderly are to the world now - I think more that these are human beings who have given much already (many served us in wars and helped give the freedom we, including the young, all enjoy) and have people who love them and want them around for as long as possible.

Thank God we have people like @danbandanna who have compassion.

• Agree Agree x 7
  5. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    getting tired of the lack of compassion here... when it seems to be the young who flout the rules and spread the virus and the old who follow the rules....

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I am thinking that storage is probably ok, even in this part of the world for the Janssen vaccine, since the storage requirements are relatively easy.
    According to the latest official information:

Storage Prior to First Puncture of the Vaccine Vial
    Store unpunctured multi-dose vials of the Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine at 2°C to 8°C (36°F to 46°F) and protect from light. Do not store frozen. Revised: Jul/08/2021
    Unpunctured vials of Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine may be stored between 9°C to 25°C (47°F to 77°F) for up to 12 hours. The Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine is initially stored frozen by the manufacturer, then shipped at 2°C to 8°C (36°F to 46°F). If vaccine is still frozen upon receipt, thaw at 2°C to 8°C (36°F to 46°F). If needed immediately, thaw at room temperature (maximally 25°C/77°F). At room temperature (maximally 25°C/77°F), a carton of 10 vials will take approximately 4 hours to thaw, and an individual vial will take approximately 1 hour to thaw. Do not refreeze once thawed. Storage After First Puncture of the Vaccine Vial After the first dose has been withdrawn, hold the vial between 2° to 8°C (36° to 46°F) for up to 6 hours or at room temperature (maximally 25°C/77°F) for up to 2 hours. Discard the vial if vaccine is not used within these times.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    The Phils is doing mix n match studies now on Sinovac, so keep your eyes peeled.

"When participants in some cohorts were given a third dose (Sinovac), about six months after the second, neutralising antibody levels after a further 28 days had increased around 3-5 fold from the levels seen four weeks after the second dose, the study showed."
    https://www.thedailystar.net/health...er-about-6-months-booster-helps-study-2138051

• Informative Informative x 6
  8. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    2nd jab today of Sinovac, any jab is better than no jab IMO and happy to have it... will try to get a booster in a few months though...

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    This issue with alcohol here is the very common method many locals drink socially. One shared bottle and glass being passed around. Great method for contracting all sorts of disease.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    • Informative Informative x 5